I want to take a DRUM track from Guitar Pro 5 and put it into pro tools as a new track. I want to make a complete cover of a song, I sing, play bass and guitar, but I dont know how to play drums...

So any ideas, please be clear, im new to software recording, THANKS!!
I don't know anything about protools, but if you use Audacity, you can record audio directly from the soundcard. If you play the drum track alone, and record it, you can get the wav file for it, and convert it to mp3 when you need to.
This is how you do it. Mute all the tracks on GP except the drums. Then you export the midi file. If you have iTunes convert the midi to wav.

You can also do what I do. If you have Fruity Loops you take the midi file put it on fruity Loops and use the drum kits on there and slowly transfer the drums to the proper places.

check out my profile and you can hear what proper use of the midis on fruity loops for drums can sound like... I suggest that method because it sounds better than standard midi drums
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Quote by Dakkstar

check out my profile and you can hear what proper use of the midis on fruity loops for drums can sound like...

lolz!!!
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Yeah, I would export the midi, and use it to trigger a decent drumkit like EZdrummer, Addictive Drums, or even the free My Drumset plugin. You could maybe do this in Pro Tools, assuming they have RTAS versions, or you can get a vst wrapper. Alternatively, I would download Reaper, load your drum kit in there, then bounce the track to .wav and import into Pro Tools.

There's a good chance that this may have posed more questions than answered, but feel free to ask anything you need to know.
There is poetry in despair.