Tomorrow I'm supposed to head over to the doctors for a physical exam. I have been smoking weed like once a month and im worried that they could find out about this and inform my mom. So I have a few questions:

1. Do they even look for this in a physical exam? (It's been quite some time since my last one so I don't really remember.)

2. If they do find it, could they tell my parents or would that be violating the Doctor-patient confidentiality?

3. I'm 18 so is it possible for them to notify my parents at all without my consent?

Thanks.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Don't smoke weed.
And the drug thread might be able to help you better, they cover a lot of this stuff quite often.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
No, the main thing they check for is hydration and even if they did find it in your piss then they can't say anything to your mom
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
Patient-Doctor confidentiality, son
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
1) They test for drugs, yes. Always (in my experience).

2) No, you can request that detail of the exam to be kept private.

3) Absolutely not. Read above.

Just tell your parents you're on the spliff before they find out. I'm sure they'll take it a lot easier if you be hoenst with them than if you get caught.
ALRIGHT, you need a bucket, a full bottle of Dayquil, one box of raw uncooked rice, and a clothes hangar! STAT!! NO TIME JUST DO IT
We're only strays.
1. They might, I have had physicals where they have and physicals where they have not.

2. I don't think so

3. I really don't think so
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
If they tell your parents anything then they are breaking to code of doctor-patient confidentiality.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
man your safe he is just going to grab your sack and set you free.
i had to do one for football it sucked!!
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by huevos
That's really a personal choice.
So don't tell what to do.

Would solve all his problems.

And yes you're probably going to be alright. I don't know what the state laws are on when you become an adult and all that consent stuff but I'm sure by eighteen you're in the clear.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
You're technically an adult, why would you be worried?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
I've never had to take a piss test for a physical. From what I remember they check your heart, ask you a bunch of questions, feel your balls, and weigh you.
This is my sig
No

No, you're an adult so you medical records are between you and your doctor.

and No
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by jpgilbert701
Tomorrow I'm supposed to head over to the doctors for a physical exam. I have been smoking weed like once a month and im worried that they could find out about this and inform my mom. So I have a few questions:

1. Do they even look for this in a physical exam? (It's been quite some time since my last one so I don't really remember.)

2. If they do find it, could they tell my parents or would that be violating the Doctor-patient confidentiality?

3. I'm 18 so is it possible for them to notify my parents at all without my consent?

Thanks.

im 15, smoke about 2 bowls every day i dont have school, and i went for a physical

absolutly nothing happened
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Ok well I was pretty sure that I was in the clear but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the help.
Quote by csn00b
1. Highly doubt it
2.Your 18 doctor-patient confidentiality applies
3. see above

I am a frequent pot smoker and for about a year i was so worried about my parents catching me. About 4 months ago i told them. After the inital yelling/omg-were-sodissapointed speech we had a real talk about it. I showed them the recent studies and research done on marijuana and showed them just how harmless it is.

Long story short they knwon and accept that i toke. It makes the whole thing alot better because im not constantly worried about getting caught.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by _DeX_

I am a frequent pot smoker and for about a year i was so worried about my parents catching me. About 4 months ago i told them. After the inital yelling/omg-were-sodissapointed speech we had a real talk about it. I showed them the recent studies and research done on marijuana and showed them just how harmless it is.

Long story short they knwon and accept that i toke. It makes the whole thing alot better because im not constantly worried about getting caught.

Well it would be nice if my parents were as understanding but they're not. My older brother started using drugs at about my age and he completely ruined his life. Keep in mind though that he NEVER did good in anything. He was always a screw up. I on the other hand keep my grades up and get all my work done. I'm responsible but I know that even if I were to try and explain all of this to my parents and show them that it really is harmless in moderation, they would still freak out and just stop caring about anything I did. Even though I have never messed up in my life and I've always been a good person it wouldn't matter to them because they would consider me a drug addict.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
Well it would be nice if my parents were as understanding but they're not. My older brother started using drugs at about my age and he completely ruined his life. Keep in mind though that he NEVER did good in anything. He was always a screw up. I on the other hand keep my grades up and get all my work done. I'm responsible but I know that even if I were to try and explain all of this to my parents and show them that it really is harmless in moderation, they would still freak out and just stop caring about anything I did. Even though I have never messed up in my life and I've always been a good person it wouldn't matter to them because they would consider me a drug addict.

I hate people like your parents.

But you'll be fine. They usually don't check for drugs during physicals and even if they did you have doctor-patient confidentiality since you're 18.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by jpgilbert701

Sucks man. Dont worry nothing will happen. Even if they do a piss test and find THC in your blood and they tell your parents, you can sue.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt