im looking for basically the best amp for the money out there. it doesnt have to be big or tube. (the smaller the better) all i want for it is to be very nice sounding and just overall good
budget? style? Need a bit more information, but judging by your sig, you have quite a bit of money.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
What about the JS practice amp thing o_O
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
those amps are for gigs, they dont work well at low volumes. and we dont like micing them to record. so we want some small amps that have great sound and maybe xlr out or some form of line out.

we play a lot but cleans are extremely important as well as the ac/dc crunch. the rest can be done with pedals. was looking at flextones
As I said, what's your budget and what style of music do you guys play since that would me establish what sort of amp to recommend.

Never mind, you edited. Recommendations coming up.

By the sounds of it, maybe something from Orange, Laney, Blackheart, Egnater or, if you have the money, a Cornford Harlequin.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Feb 8, 2009,
maybe a Peavey Classic 30?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Under $1000, you might wanna have a look at an Orange Tiny Terror or something of the sort. Actualy, The Classic 30 is a god recommendation too.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by SomebodySomeone
maybe a Peavey Classic 30?

arent those real loud? the idea is to have a low volume good sounding amp for practice and such. like we have one orange 15 watt ss amp that has good cleans and is a good volume range.
Quote by IncubusMan999
Under $1000, you might wanna have a look at an Orange Tiny Terror or something of the sort. Actualy, The Classic 30 is a god recommendation too.

ill check those out. what about the blackheart little giant... or are those more for metal
Quote by CrysisFX
arent those real loud? the idea is to have a low volume good sounding amp for practice and such. like we have one orange 15 watt ss amp that has good cleans and is a good volume range.

not necessarily. they reach maximum headroom on about 4( at least in my experience). from there up to 12 there's very little volume increase and just more distortion as you turn it up.

it's got a very nice clean channel and a good crunch tone to it. it doesn't do teh br00t4lz but it takes pedals very well, so you can run something like a metal muff if you need that heavy gain.

EDIT: i haven't really tried out a black heart but seeing as it's identical to the Epiphone Valve junior i have the feeling i wouldn't like it. being that it has no master volume, you really have to crank it to get distortion. plus the cleans with have to stay relatively at a low volume.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 8, 2009,
i wouldn't buy that. considering it's 500 dollars and only a 5 watt tube amp. plus i seriously doubt it'll have the same tone as your JSX head ,despite being it's baby brother

seriously though, go try a classic 30 if your shop carries one. i have one for sale ATM.

like i said before, it'll do cleans, and crunch fine. but for metal, you'll need a pedal(that rhymes )
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062252
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i wouldn't buy that. considering it's 500 dollars and only a 5 watt tube amp. plus i seriously doubt it'll have the same tone as your JSX head ,despite being it's baby brother

seriously though, go try a classic 30 if your shop carries one. i have one for sale ATM.

like i said before, it'll do cleans, and crunch fine. but for metal, you'll need a pedal(that rhymes )
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062252

ok ill go try one tomorrow. if i like it i may consider yours. the only problem is there is no xlr out and i cant mic them.
let me know if you want it
yeah the only amps i've seen that have a XLR Out are SS. i really don't know of any that are Tube.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock