I have the model with emgs in it (60 and 81)

As I play a lot of metalcore, I need the bridge pickup to nail those pinch harmonics easier, and to get the bite in solos.

Obviously though, the cleans in the neck pickup suck ass. Massive ass. So I was wondering if there was a pickup I could drop in the neck to get good cleans (for PGroove-esque stuff) and a creamy (for lack of a better word) distorted tone.

Also, ideally, a tone similar to what paul waggoner has in the end selkies solo.

Thanks.

This was probably the worst laid out post containing the worst grammar I've ever made, sorry about that. Hope it still makes sense.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
I'm pretty sure Paul used an Ibanez S with a 81 and an 85. He used a JC-120 for the cleans. Passive pickups will help, but it's mainly the amp that gives him his tones.
What amp do you have?

That will affect your cleans more, I believe.

Once we know this, we can determine if new pups will work for you.

I feel annoying for asking that, but it's frequently left out by most posters.
What is your amp?

I think that the 60 is the best non-coil-tapped EMG for cleans.
ಠ_ಠ
A Seymour Duncan neck pickup should help improve your cleans. The blackouts are superior to EMG's in my opinion. FOr example, the neck blackout uses an alnico magnet instead of a ceramic like an EMG. That in itself should help "warm up" your cleans just a hair.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50