Page 1 of 2

Proves it all.

Before you say "omgz searchbar"
all the other threads were made in the pit, wrong forum.

I personally am really happy, they have been one of my favorite bands since 4th grade.
What do you think their new album is going to be like?

Discuss.
Last edited by connor045 at Feb 8, 2009,
Dude My Life Is Made!!!!!!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
This made me very happy . I'm sure the tickets will be extremely expensive though so I'm probably not going to be able to see them on their next tour.

By the way, expect this thread to get closed soon. There's already a Blink thread on the front page.
Heard this a few minutes ago. It's about ****ing time. I'm so ****ing excited. I'm not sleeping tonight. I hope there's a mass spawn of pop-punk bands .
They'll make an album that everybody will buy(which will be worse than anything they've previously released), and tehn their old fan base will claim they "sold out" (which is rediclous since they were sell-outs from the beginning) and Tom will throw anotehr hissy fit, they break up again, only with much less of a legacy (if you can call what they have now a "legacy)
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I stopped listening to them a while ago although i am happy due to my soft spot for them. Back when i liked them i was really hoping for this to happen, and now it did.
woot! my favorite band is back together again! yes ^-^
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
I really could take or leave this to be quite honest. Their side projects at least brought out different sides of the guys, and a reunited blink isn't gonna be much different to the old blink; in my opinion they've had their time. Though I also reckon that their side projects had a fairly short shelf-life anyway so this is probably for the best (but I wouldn't have minded to see what a new +44 album was like).

Sorry, that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I do have a soft spot for blink, but they haven't created anything worthy of the term "legacy".
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
They'll make an album that everybody will buy(which will be worse than anything they've previously released), and tehn their old fan base will claim they "sold out" (which is rediclous since they were sell-outs from the beginning) and Tom will throw anotehr hissy fit, they break up again, only with much less of a legacy (if you can call what they have now a "legacy)

Good outlook...... Maybe watch the Angels and Airwaves DVD where Tom says the music they were working on before they broke up was going to be better than anything else they ever made. I will take his word over yours. Bashing them doesnt make you look cool either

BTW, they have 10x more of a legacy than most of the metal you prpbably listen to
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Feb 8, 2009,
Who would have thought travis barker nearly dying would bring back what may possibly be the greatest pop punk band of all time. I hope they come to canada
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Good outlook...... Maybe watch the Angels and Airwaves DVD where Tom says the music they were working on before they broke up was going to be better than anything else they ever made. I will take his word over yours. Bashing them doesnt make you look cool either

BTW, they have 10x more of a legacy than most of the metal you prpbably listen to

Didn't they say that about the album they relased just before they broke up?

And what happened?

It was regarded as their worst album.

I'm not bashing them to look cool, I just call them how I see them.

and your last point is just ludicrous.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Yea, Tom also said that they were going to write music that was better than anything written in the last 25 years. As an avid Dream Theater fan I just took offence to that statement more than anything else. Tom has a habit of cracking up his new material to be the greatest thing to ever happen, and he does it so often that to buy into it would just be naive. He said it about the self-titled blink album, he said it about AVA, and now he's saying it about the reunion album. Do you see the pattern?

And blink don't have a legacy because there have always been bands similar to them doing similar things, and while blink were more popular, they never really pioneered anything and that is what one needs to do to leave a legacy. Blink's music was fun and catchy but it didn't leave a lasting effect on anything because at the end of the day, it is just standard pop music.

EDIT: I'm not slandering pop music btw, I'm just saying that in order for pop music to leave an lasting impact it has to rise above all the normal stuff and be something distinguished.
i am in a deathcore band and i srsly can not wait for this, ive loved blink since about 5th or 6rh grade, im glad i can share my happiness with everyone here
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

fuuuuuuuuuck you and i cant wait for this
tom based his whole career on songs about gay insest,beastiality and teenage recklessness, and your gonna take him seriously when he makes outrageous claims about his music? jokes on you.
Quote by zchavez09
fuuuuuuuuuck you and i cant wait for this

Remember this when you bash their new album.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
This Is My ****ing Wet Dream Come True They Are Back Omfg **** Yes!
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
duuuuuuude am i the only one who is dreading this? all three of them moved in SUCH different directions musically that they will never do what they once did. especially if tom still aspires to be some strange cross between robert smith and jesus...with a whiney voice
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Guitar Skater
tom based his whole career on songs about gay insest,beastiality and teenage recklessness, and your gonna take him seriously when he makes outrageous claims about his music? jokes on you.

Well, he was making out as though he was deadly serious, which by the way is another habit he has. He acts silly for the most part, then gets down and has one of his big, deep sessions in some interview sharing all his big hopes and dreams for the world with everyone, making serious claims like the ones mentioned. if we aren't ever supposed to take him seriously then he should just stick to writing pop music and quit leaving emotional stains everywhere.
Quote by Guitar Skater
i am in a deathcore band and i srsly can not wait for this, ive loved blink since about 5th or 6rh grade, im glad i can share my happiness with everyone here

yeah dude me too. btw i like your band, i think you guys added my band on myspace a while ago
Quote by Jaguarman
duuuuuuude am i the only one who is dreading this? all three of them moved in SUCH different directions musically that they will never do what they once did. especially if tom still aspires to be some strange cross between robert smith and jesus...with a whiney voice

Who cares, as long as they give out some new material crappy or not.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by hazardmaster
Who cares, as long as they give out some new material crappy or not.

+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
i love blink and i used to be heavily into them but to be honest i dont really think the new stuff will be any good. i hope it will be like but i cant really see it happening.

the reason i am excited is because i never got the chance to see them live and i am going to
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea, Tom also said that they were going to write music that was better than anything written in the last 25 years. As an avid Dream Theater fan I just took offence to that statement more than anything else. Tom has a habit of cracking up his new material to be the greatest thing to ever happen, and he does it so often that to buy into it would just be naive. He said it about the self-titled blink album, he said it about AVA, and now he's saying it about the reunion album. Do you see the pattern?

And blink don't have a legacy because there have always been bands similar to them doing similar things, and while blink were more popular, they never really pioneered anything and that is what one needs to do to leave a legacy. Blink's music was fun and catchy but it didn't leave a lasting effect on anything because at the end of the day, it is just standard pop music.

EDIT: I'm not slandering pop music btw, I'm just saying that in order for pop music to leave an lasting impact it has to rise above all the normal stuff and be something distinguished.

I see what you're saying, but I happen to be a huge AVA fan so to me Tom backs up what he says. AVA was creatively new and different, and quite a few people like them. Blink sold millions of records, sold out tours worldwide, and their name is almost synonymous with punk music. Not to mention that people STILL talked about them reuniting after their break up some 5 years ago. With any other band, people would say screw em and move on.I think that makes up a legacy. Im not bashing metal either btw it may have seemed like it
Quote by Jaguarman
especially if tom still aspires to be some strange cross between robert smith and jesus...with a whiney voice

+1
Quote by bigfoamfinger
I see what you're saying, but I happen to be a huge AVA fan so to me Tom backs up what he says. AVA was creatively new and different, and quite a few people like them. Blink sold millions of records, sold out tours worldwide, and their name is almost synonymous with punk music. Not to mention that people STILL talked about them reuniting after their break up some 5 years ago. With any other band, people would say screw em and move on.I think that makes up a legacy. Im not bashing metal either btw it may have seemed like it

Good thing it's an almost

Punk has suffered enough, it doesn't need a pop-punk band to be it's flagship.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Guitar Skater

Yes. Oh ya, nice guitar in your profile too- Fender: Tom Delonge Stratocaster

Contradictory??????
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Good thing it's an almost

Punk has suffered enough, it doesn't need a pop-punk band to be it's flagship.

To have one band be a flagship for a genre, don't you think it would need to be a band a lot of people have heard of?
Quote by bigfoamfinger
To have one band be a flagship for a genre, don't you think it would need to be a band a lot of people have heard of?

Are you insinuating that Blink-182 are punk?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Yea, it did seem like it, but I guess we just let that go despite the fact that if anyone bashes blink here they get eaten alive. And if you think that Tom's statement about AVA being the greatest music in 25 years is even within a billion miles of being true, then you are one sad, ill-informed person and I feel sorry for you. It wasn't even anywhere near the best music OF THAT YEAR, let alone the last 25 years.

Record selling doesn't mean a legacy either, it just means commercial success. If you don't believe me, just google any number of the one-hit-wonder artists that were around in the 80's and sold millions of singles. Same goes for selling out tours. And their name isn't synonymous with punk music; in fact The Sex Pistols, a band that almost started punk, has bashed bands including blink for being "w*nk outfits".
"i mean ya got bands like.. ****ing.. uh.. blink-182, ya know.. singing about ****ing. like pimples and ****. haha really? ****ing pimples?"

-Mike Ness ftw
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Page 1 of 2