There is no debating the simularity of viva la vida and if i could fly. Now that they won all this publicity off this song, joe satriani is probably pissing his pants because of all the extra money he can get off this
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Joe Satriani will not win this. He's being a jealous douche who is crying because he doesn't have the fame Coldplay does. I love his music, but Satriani is being a whiny ass.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
do you think joe is really in this industry for the money?
no hes obviously in it for the music and money is the icing on the cake.
Quote by convictionless
do you think joe is really in this industry for the money?
no hes obviously in it for the music and money is the icing on the cake.

he's suing for money... not for the music.. if it was for the music he would be happy for them and let it go
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Joe is acting like a massive douche-canoe in this situation. Both songs are a bit similar, but let it go.
I'm in favor of him suing Coldplay because Coldplay should have been sued numerous times for just being Coldplay.
Quote by DrPepper09
he's suing for money... not for the music.. if it was for the music he would be happy for them and let it go

He's allowed to be in it for the money.

If you were in Satriani's position, you'd sure too. There's the chance of getting money from someone plagiarising your work, and even without that, you get media attention as well.