well not really but im thinking of playing bass. whats a nice bass. what bass brands are good and amps too.what should i stay away from. oh and pedals dont for get those.pretty much tell me everything useful. remember i play guitar so bass is new to me.
I would say Fender Jazz Bass made in america though, none of that cheap mexican crap please. The neck is so thin and fast. I believe it's a bass made for a guitarist
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Budget plawks
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Take a look see at the FAQ and then come back here if you have any additional questions. I vow that I will write a guitarist moving to bass section for the next version of the FAQ
Roughly, if they make good guitars, chances are they'll make good basses. Only at the high-end do you have to worry about bass only manufacturers like Sadowsky or Enfield. Although I don't think Warwick make guitars (I think Framus does it for them), so there's one for your list.

Quote by anarkee
Take a look see at the FAQ and then come back here if you have any additional questions. I vow that I will write a guitarist moving to bass section for the next version of the FAQ

Yes, and tell them they do need new amps... unless they have a truly massive rig.