I feel this belongs in the pit, might not but its here. I have a terrible time learning songs, and I've been criticized for it. I was wonder if this could affect my songwriting and how i would use a technique in a song. I've also heard guitar pro can help me learn to play. So what exactly is guitar pro, what does it do, where can i get it, and how much does it cost?
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
wire of the lime variety, free (illegally). and it shows you the tab of any song as it plays.
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
Yes, guitar pro helps a lot for learning songs. it may seem strange but it helps me.
I love using Guitar Pro but I feel the best way to learn is by using your ear. Listen to a song, and look at a standard tab or even try to tab it yourself. I mean, I learn songs very fast with Guitar Pro, but you train yourself more with the ear, and you memorize it more, because you force yourself to figure out what notes go to that tempo and such. Kinda hard to explain though.
Quote by Joryko
wire of the lime variety, free (illegally). and it shows you the tab of any song as it plays.

I didn't know that was possible

I'll keep it on the down low
I'd torrent it instead of Limewire, less chance of viruses and you can get it with the Realistic Sound Engines for each instrument so it sounds better.
Quote by DI-ECTOMY
power tab is free, I like it better too

..how?
it sounds like crap and is quite limited compared to GP :/
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by drunkinkoala
I'd torrent it instead of Limewire, less chance of viruses and you can get it with the Realistic Sound Engines for each instrument so it sounds better.

yes this is probably the better option then how i went about it. plus its tough to find the newest version on limewire. i dunno if torrent is easier or not to find gp 5 or whatever its up to.
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9