searchbar was useless...

My question is,

Is a TC Electronic G-Major worthy? is it as good as Single Pedals?

besides, i want to have a compressor and a phaser before the preamp, am i able to do this with the G-Major ( of course having the rest of fx after the preamp!)??

Thks!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by ivan_2894
Is a TC Electronic G-Major worthy? is it as good as Single Pedals?

The G-Major is quite good. It is a digital unit, so don't expect perfection, but I have absolutely no complaints about the sound quality at all. In fact an audiophile friend of mine could tell no difference at all between my dry amp sound and the same run through the G-Major with all of the effects bypassed (in other words it has excellent AD/DA converters). The effects are all usable but naturally some are better than others (the reverbs and delays are outstanding while the pitch shifting is merely solid). Arguably the biggest advantage to the unit is the Midi control (which is absolutely necessary for this thing), the ability to completely change your tone with a single step is way more effective than having to tap dance a bunch of pedals on/off.

Quote by ivan_2894
i want to have a compressor and a phaser before the preamp, am i able to do this with the G-Major ( of course having the rest of fx after the preamp!)?

No. The G-Major has some internal routing flexibility, but no external routing capacity. In other words you have some control of how the effects line up within the unit, but the unit can only occupy one spot in the signal path. I do have an idea to experiment with something like this using the stereo inputs at different places in the signal path with each effect panned completely left or right as necessary, but I'm afraid there will be ground loops (actually I don't have plans so I may screw around with this tonight).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
thanks!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina