So im taking my tube combo in for repairs tomorrow.

I just wanted to know what is the proper way to position it: standing up? laying face up?

I just dont want to break it. Making it stand worries me cuz it may tip and fall in the trunk
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Immobilizing it somehow is usually the best bet. With my BJr I put it in the front floorboard of my trunk and scoot the seat up until it wedges it between the glove box and the seat thus rendering it secure and motionless.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
so my van has 3 rows of seats

would it be ok if i slide it in between the second and third rows? thus it will not tip over and should not move side to side (it has casters)
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
That would work. If you can, slide one of the seats so it's wedged in there and it can't move. Driving carefully (IE braking in advance and less aggressively, accelerating slowly and slowing down more in turns) will go a long way to the protection of your amp as well.

One thing you might check into is if your auto insurance policy covers damage to items in your vehicle, if someone plows into you or you wreck the amp could be damaged and you could be left in the cold with no insurance money to replace it.
^thanks il be sure to wedge it in tightly

its a bit too late to chek the insurance now but il look into it when i have time
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
Quote by gpowsang
^thanks il be sure to wedge it in tightly

its a bit too late to chek the insurance now but il look into it when i have time

If you have a deductible it wouldn't matter because your deductible will almost certainly be worth more than the amp. Now, if someone else hits you and their insurance doesn't cover that stuff, you could sue them for a new one if I'm not mistaken.
I put my VK in the passenger seat of my truck (back seat if I'm in my Jeep, it has no doors) and strap it in with the seatbelt. I'm not kidding, it works .
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Haha...my car's so small that I have to put the top down just to get my amp inside. It actually having the space to go anywhere is the least of my concerns.

I think laying it down (speaker down) is probably the best idea (if you can't wedge it real good), and stuffing a blanket in the back around your tubes would help absorb shock from 2ft. deep potholes.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Wedge it like kevin said, that works best. Seatbelt works, but my lower strap is too low and it pops out sometimes. Some bungee cables will do a good job of holding it in place too
thanks

but i managed to wedge it in tightly between the 2nd and third row. it should not be able to move at all.

0% chance of tipping over on its face or back
5ish% chance of it sliding left or right. but i doubt it will seeing how tightly i wedged it in.
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
I seatbelt mine in my car if they arent in their cases
╠═══════╬═══════╣