PLEASE HELP PEOPLE IM HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH PINCH HARMONICS

The biggest problem I'm having is this. Lets say I'm on the G string (3rd string), 7th fret. Trying to do pinch harmonics. and then, the squealy high pitched sound DOES come out, BUT, the sound of the D note (produced when fretting the 7th fret) overlaps it! It's so annoying!

I cant get the clean sound no matter which string I work on. The sound of the note I fret ALWAYS overlaps the sound of the squealy/pinch harmonics. That sound is unwanted though, I want my Pinch harmonics to sound clean and screaming loud.

I'm new to this. Also, My Pinch Harmonics is very weak no matter how hard I've tried practicing it. How is it so?

Thanks very much for the help!!!!!!!!
Try reading next time.

"New Members Q&A Forum (11 Viewing)
Help for new members - read the FAQ and Rules before posting. NO guitar-related questions"
███████████████████████████████████
my advice
1.turm up gain ALOT since your new to it.
2.try not to stop it from vibrating to much.
3.give some vibrato that helps ALOT.
4.most importantly practice.message me for a real clear description of how i do them.
Quote by lillybeans
PLEASE HELP PEOPLE IM HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH PINCH HARMONICS

The biggest problem I'm having is this. Lets say I'm on the G string (3rd string), 7th fret. Trying to do pinch harmonics. and then, the squealy high pitched sound DOES come out, BUT, the sound of the D note (produced when fretting the 7th fret) overlaps it! It's so annoying!

I cant get the clean sound no matter which string I work on. The sound of the note I fret ALWAYS overlaps the sound of the squealy/pinch harmonics. That sound is unwanted though, I want my Pinch harmonics to sound clean and screaming loud.

I'm new to this. Also, My Pinch Harmonics is very weak no matter how hard I've tried practicing it. How is it so?

Thanks very much for the help!!!!!!!!

Its just practice... I remember I was having a hell of a time trying to get em to sound good too. But now i sometimes do them on accident haha
what helped me was to rely LESS on the "sweeping", "curved" motion of the picking hand... I cant really explain it but I found it easier to do more of a downward motion. then when you get good at that, you can really curve and sweep your picking hand to really bring em out.

This is just my experience tho...

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10