Page 1 of 2
Anyone know of these, what the **** is wrong with society.

I was in my government class today, it was before class and we were talking about music when my teacher brought up these corporate bands. Its like this corporation gets these people and says "Ok, you are the guitarist, you are the drummer, you are the singer, and so on." T

The sex pistols were put together like this, and now we have the Jonas Brothers, I guarantee you that is the only reason they are popular. I also guarantee you that when they get older, whoever they work for is going to kick them out in favor of an even worse band that they say is popular.

So these bands are just pawns in a corporate game. That is just sad.

What does the pit think of this?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Feb 8, 2009,
It's perfectly normal. You just have a very very limited scope on the world of music business.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ooooooooooooolllllllllllddddddddddddd nnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwws
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
sex pistols weren't put together just Sid Vicious was brought in cause he was the essence of punk at the time even tho he was a good drummer he just could barely play bass and was to high to anways as for the jonas brothers their signed to Disney Records what do u expect
Keep On Keepen' On
yes but you realize Iron Maiden is 10x bigger (and better of course) than these corperate bands will ever become.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's perfectly normal. You just have a very very limited scope on the world of music business.

nah, I just only pay attention to bands with actual skill and how their business works

Quote by groll01
old news

fixed
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I heard that is how Metallica, Guns N Roses, Muse, Opeth, and Cannibal Corpse were formed. True story.

Don't forget Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, and Emperor. Biggest corporate-created bands ever.

What shams.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
nah, I just only pay attention to bands with actual skill and how their business works

gud 4 u

Unfortunately, you still have a very narrow scope.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Athetosis
Don't forget Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, and Emperor. Biggest corporate-created bands ever.

What shams.

Well I was just gonna list all the bands that have an annoying amount of fan-boys on here but yes you are right. Also I should have mentioned Froosh/RHCP, they were corporately formed too.
alot of bands only have the original members who write all the music then hire the best to do studio work and do it live. Like Satyricon is technically 2 members Frost and Satyr and NIN is only trent reznor so on so forth
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I heard that is how Metallica, Guns N Roses, Muse, Opeth, and Cannibal Corpse were formed. True story.

even if thats true, they still have actual fans, and not just because these people are telling them to like them. I'm not sure about Cannibal Corpse though, I've heard that until recently they have had no media exposure in their career.

Quote by Shredder6
yes but you realize Iron Maiden is 10x bigger (and better of course) than these corperate bands will ever become.

Yeah, but not everyone listens to metal.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Well I was just gonna list all the bands that have an annoying amount of fan-boys on here but yes you are right. Also I should have mentioned Froosh/RHCP, they were corporately formed too.

Don't forget when they forced Zepp to let Plant play a bigger role. Damn government....
If you mean the current Guns N' Roses then yes, in a way. They are all hand picked by Axl though. The Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Slash line-up aswell as the short lived ones before formed together without anyone telling them to.

And the Sex Pistols were certainly not a corporate band.

Suck it.
Epiphone G-400 Goth (I love it so much!)
Digitech RP 80 Modeling Guitar Processor
Viper Amp (Getting new one soon.)
Jay Turser Strat (Worst guitar ever made.)

"Different strokes for different folks."
Quote by JessyB96
sex pistols weren't put together just Sid Vicious was brought in cause he was the essence of punk at the time even tho he was a good drummer he just could barely play bass and was to high to anways as for the jonas brothers their signed to Disney Records what do u expect

Here, have some punctuation!

. , : : . , . .: . .
Quote by raess
If you mean the current Guns N' Roses then yes, in a way. They are all hand picked by Axl though. The Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Slash line-up aswell as the short lived ones before formed together without anyone telling them to.

And the Sex Pistols were certainly not a corporate band.

Suck it

thats not what everyone else in my class said
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by blackthought
He doesn't need your Commie handouts.

yes he does, and he needs to learn some grammar rules too
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Mike!
Here, have some punctuation!

. , : : . , . .: . .

**** NO punctuation is corporate and i must not become part of the machine!!!!
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by blackthought
He doesn't need your Commie handouts.

I lol'd.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
thats not what everyone else in my class said

wow that's such a valid source, chum.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Yet another reason to dislike The Sex Pistols.

I don't have anything against people putting together these bands, I just hate how people think of The Sex Pistols as starting punk. They're not that good and they had nothing to do with starting punk.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
TS your class is full of idiots. First of all if the sex pistols were a corporate band they would never ever have written "god save the queen" and "anarchy in the uk" or any of the never mind the bullocks album for several reasons. First, the record label would have known it would have been banned like it was. Secondly they wouldn't have let them cross the line of god save the queen no matter how good a song it was.
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Beakwithteeth

wernt RHCP formed coz one of kiedes's mates wanted them to open for his band or somthing like that
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by JessyB96
TS your class is full of idiots. First of all if the sex pistols were a corporate band they would never ever have written "god save the queen" and "anarchy in the uk" or any of the never mind the bullocks album for several reasons. First, the record label would have known it would have been banned like it was. Secondly they wouldn't have let them cross the line of god save the queen no matter how good a song it was.

Malcolm Mclaren put together The Sex Pistols for his clothing store.
Quote by JessyB96

But it's banning lead to more publicity which lead to higher sales. If they hadn't caused such a stir do you think anyone would know who The Sex Pistols were today?
Quote by JessyB96

wow you actually used proper grammar and punctuation this time
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
even if thats true, they still have actual fans, and not just because these people are telling them to like them. I'm not sure about Cannibal Corpse though, I've heard that until recently they have had no media exposure in their career.

Stupid answer is stupid.

So you're saying that CC have never had any radio play or released a video?

You know they appear in Ace Ventura Pet Detective, a film from nearly 2 decades ago. Sounds pretty exposed to me.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Last edited by israels_son at Feb 9, 2009,
I tried so hard to improve my grammar oh no i am becoming part of a corporate mechanism. And the sex pistols were a band called the strand first they just had a tendency to hang out at the clothing store. When Steve Jones asked for help Mclaren became the bands manager and he found johnny rotten. When they kicked their bass player out johnny rotten invited in sid vicious because he was a fan of the band and looked the part. Thus the sex pistols were born as we no and either love or hate them.
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by JessyB96
I tried so hard to improve my grammar oh no i am becoming part of a corporate mechanism. And the sex pistols were a band called the strand first they just had a tendency to hang out at the clothing store. When Steve Jones asked for help Mclaren became the bands manager and he found johnny rotten. When they kicked their bass player out johnny rotten invited in sid vicious because he was a fan of the band and looked the part. Thus the sex pistols were born as we no and either love or hate them.

Putting Sid in the band was a pretty corporate move.

He couldn't play bass and he was only in the band because he had sex appeal.
Quote by JessyB96

stop complaining, I am only just messing with you
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by StreetLight3989
Putting Sid in the band was a pretty corporate move.

He couldn't play bass and he was only in the band because he had sex appeal.

It was "corporate" but it was done by a member of the band not some record producers. But yah you couldn't ever say they were in it for the music as much as the money. Even though isn't hiring useless members the epitome of original punk rock no talent and no cares. Still carried on in some cases.
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Beakwithteeth

Okay, now I know that you are just kidding, but you seem like kinda an ass listing off some of these bands as "corporate" just because people are fanboys for them (I for Muse, although I am a woman (38 years old)), Muse worked really , REALLY hard to get where the are and have been best friends since they met back in 1992 (13 years old), so they are not corporate (still knowing you are kidding), but just because a band you find irritating doesn't mean they are sell outs. Muse are pretty anti-corporate and not afraid to say what they want. Sorry. That just irritated me a bit. Carry on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam4
He doesn't play notes, he just wiggles his knob.
Page 1 of 2