I can't sleep with my mouth closed (breathing through my nose only). I just can't. I'll close my mouth and start breathing, but not 20 seconds later, I'll feel like I'm drowning, then open my mouth and gasp for air. Because of this, I spend all night with my mouth open.

That leads to a problem. Anyone else wake up with white, nasty dried saliva? Well I do, every ****ing morning. It's always the same ****, in and around my teeth and tongue, leaving a disgusting taste in my mouth. Brushing my teeth afterwards, or using Listerine, doesn't even work, because it'll be deep down my throat and I can't gurgle down that deep without gagging. So I drink water, and wash it down into my stomach (which is ****ing gross).

How the **** do I fix this ****? I've tried drinking water before going to bed, but it seems to only make it worse. I've tried sleeping in a cold room, because I thought it was the heat drying my saliva (I still think it has a part in it), and I've tried having constant ventilation (leaving my door open all night), but it doesn't work.
fall asleep with bread in your mouth?

i imagine that would never lead to horrible complications...
I have no opinion on this matter.
Yer doin' it wrong
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I really thought no one could fail at sleep, come on TS pull your self together

edit: or worse^
Last edited by -tempest- at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Thornography
I can't sleep with my mouth closed (breathing through my nose only). I just can't. I'll close my mouth and start breathing, but not 20 seconds later, I'll feel like I'm drowning, then open my mouth and gasp for air. Because of this, I spend all night with my mouth open.

That leads to a problem. Anyone else wake up with white, nasty dried saliva? Well I do, every ****ing morning. It's always the same ****, in and around my teeth and tongue, leaving a disgusting taste in my mouth. Brushing my teeth afterwards, or using Listerine, doesn't even work, because it'll be deep down my throat and I can't gurgle down that deep without gagging. So I drink water, and wash it down into my stomach (which is ****ing gross).

How the **** do I fix this ****? I've tried drinking water before going to bed, but it seems to only make it worse. I've tried sleeping in a cold room, because I thought it was the heat drying my saliva (I still think it has a part in it), and I've tried having constant ventilation (leaving my door open all night), but it doesn't work.

Try to clean your room maybe ?
Dust is everywhere especially where there is a pit monkey.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
Try to clean your room maybe ?
Dust is everywhere especially where there is a pit monkey.

I giggled.
You might have sleep apnia. They have machines you use at night to help you breathe
I hate my sig
Hmm, falling asleep with your mouth open. I think it is time to bring up the myth about the spider swallowing
Quote by redflag69
You know, after the story of the kid doing his mom in the poopenshaft while's she's knocked out on meds, this doesn't seem to far fetched.

wat? are you serious? lmao
Quote by CHOLOpipsCHOLO
Hmm, falling asleep with your mouth open. I think it is time to bring up the myth about the spider swallowing

I've heard it before

So I guess no one has this problem too?
Quote by redflag69
You know, after the story of the kid doing his mom in the poopenshaft while's she's knocked out on meds, this doesn't seem to far fetched.

Link, right meow.
Quote by Thornography
I've heard it before

So I guess no one has this problem too?

On a more serious note... i've woken up with like... a damp pillow, which in between sweat and saliva was kind of wierd.