I have both a bass guitar and electric guitar, and each has an amp but I currently have one at each place I reside. I don't go to my other place often so my electric is getting neglected, I'm bussing back tuesday and then going to lecture afterwards so I COULD bring my guitar back, but not the amp. I know guitar amps have a habit of... exploding, when played through bass amps but is the reverse true? Will Fred (my bass amp) go "bottom's up" (get it? ) if I play my electric guitar through it?

Searchbar'd but didn't see anything.
Quote by Trickycindy
You're a f*cking wanker.

Quote by JC13
@Prole... Magnificent...

Quote by ZanasCross
Thanks sir. Unbanned.
no. it wont sound very good, it will sound very muddy. but ive done it. it doesnt hurt
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by Prole
I have both a bass guitar and electric guitar, and each has an amp but I currently have one at each place I reside. I don't go to my other place often so my electric is getting neglected, I'm bussing back tuesday and then going to lecture afterwards so I COULD bring my guitar back, but not the amp. I know guitar amps have a habit of... exploding, when played through bass amps but is the reverse true? Will Fred (my bass amp) go "bottom's up" (get it? ) if I play my electric guitar through it?

Searchbar'd but didn't see anything.

I tried playing a junk Electric through my old bass amp before for the heck of it. It worked, but with no distortion, obviously.
just get your guitar and play it unplugged
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

yeah electric guitar thru bass amp is fine .. but the tone is very unmotivating ... as in you'll want to put it down right after hittin a few notes. if its bass guitar through and electric amplifier which will kill it hehe (not literally, just kills the cone of the spaker which aint good news
yeah iv done it it sounds kinda sludgy but you can do it but trust me youll never wanna do it again
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Ok, thanks, I just don't want to become rusty with my electric you know? I don't need a killer tone, just something playable
Quote by Trickycindy
You're a f*cking wanker.

Quote by JC13
@Prole... Magnificent...

Quote by ZanasCross
Thanks sir. Unbanned.
Quote by Prole
Ok, thanks, I just don't want to become rusty with my electric you know? I don't need a killer tone, just something playable

very understandable. way to stick with it and use what u got
I get awesome cleans out of my Roland Cube 30 bass, I don't see why not.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
not really. bass amps are meant to handle low pitches. but other than that i wouldn't use it. makes for a muddy tone. just get a baby 15 watter or a microcube. somethin small and easy to go round with!
+1 on the Miro Cube recommendation! But I've gotten some really sweet tones from my guitars by putting them through my bass amp. It's not true that bass amps are 'for low-end frequencies'. The reverse is true of guitar amps, but it's not true for bass amps. While guitar amps are built and voiced for mid-high frequencies, and that playing a bass through them at loud volumes will damage the cone, bass amps are simply 'full-range' amplifiers. They are built for the full-range of the frequency spectrum. In short, you can get some really excellent sounds out of guitars on a bass amp. I've really noticed how sweet some of the cleans sound on my bass amp, depending on how I EQ. Obviously, the way I EQ my guitar through it is totally different to the way I EQ my bass on it. I have to ruin all my bass settings when I play my guitar through it. Sounds different of course, but I really like it.
Quote by loudog93
it actually can get a really killer clean tone if you tweak the settings right

Queens....Of....The.....Stone.....Age.
^kyuss^
Josh homme plays through 8x10 cabs and personally I play through a bass amp.
It sounds great,pushes so much air and gets an awesome rumble going.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
^kyuss^
Josh homme plays through 8x10 cabs and personally I play through a bass amp.
It sounds great,pushes so much air and gets an awesome rumble going.

Plus if you want distortion, get a pedal! The overdrive included on most amps is the most basic.
when i started out i used a strat through a bass tweed amp..it was cool.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett