I'm looking to get a gigging rig for ~$500. I'm looking for something that can do shimmering cleans and a nice, thick low end. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to try out.
Actually if you want a completely clean sound Carvin may not be your option #1. When you get to decent volumes because of the gain structure of it the amp begins to dirty up a little. Its not a fully cranked tube amp dirty, but its a little gritty. You may or may not like it. I think most people will.
peavey delta blues I got mine new for 400 because it was the floor model and kind of beat up, and the 2 10 is loud as hell and has a tone of low end, and cleans as good as the fender bassman.
Quote by sigur_ros6
peavey delta blues I got mine new for 400 because it was the floor model and kind of beat up, and the 2 10 is loud as hell and has a tone of low end, and cleans as good as the fender bassman.

Bass forum...
I apologize man, i didn't realize you were looking for a bass amp

disregard my commment
Carvin.

or...

ACOUSTIC!!!!!!!!

B200 combo, ftw.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I say used. It's pretty easy to find a good gig-rig for that on eBay.

For example:
This
This
And this

would make an awesome rig. Obviously that's just an example, since that stuff will end before you can buy it, but you get the idea. Old Peavey stuff is the best...try this on for size:

400W 115 half stack with good sounding amp, plus
and
Epic cab to add to it.
I'd put the final price at around $375
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 9, 2009,
Acoustic head and cab combo's are incredibly clean. I was trying a 410 orange cab with a head (forgot it though :/) The cab sounded pretty clean aswell. Low end couldn've been thicker but that might've been the head.