Quote by 365_days_gone
But which is the CORRECT way

A as in air.

Next thread.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I have come with answers from the searchbar, look no further than here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021748&highlight=capo
it seems that people are fairly divided over it. I say cap (as in hat) -oh, but I have been saying kay poh more.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Feb 9, 2009,
Gay-po??
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
It's CAY-po, as far as ive heard. but it comes from italian so i guess cah-po would be correct too. though you might get laughed at.
well i asked my music professor and he said it is correctly pronounced kay-po and anyone that pronounces it as cap-o is an idiot and needs to pick a new instrument....well maybe i added that last little part
incubus rocks my world
Capos (pronounced kay-po, you f*cking illiterate r-tard), are useless unless you plan on covering "Cabron" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I say capo, But I play bass, so it doesn't really matter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Helloween_rox
Capos (pronounced kay-po, you f*cking illiterate r-tard), are useless unless you plan on covering "Cabron" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'd say you're the "r-tard" here (and a dick too). Capos are extremely useful, a hell of a lot of people use them. And since someone in this thread will state that capos are only for people too lazy to use barre chords, I'll say in advance that that person can kindly sod off and be a moron somewhere else.
Quote by Helloween_rox

Yes... because all those bluegrass guitarists that use them are complete hacks.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.