I've got an ARIA STG-series 7-string guitar with a whammy bar. The only problem I have with that is that I can only bring my whammy down. I'd like to go both ways, but am unsure if I'd mess up the action, or something else- instead of buying another guitar.

Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.
Quote by Intricacy13
I've got an ARIA STG-series 7-string guitar with a whammy bar. The only problem I have with that is that I can only bring my whammy down. I'd like to go both ways, but am unsure if I'd mess up the action, or something else- instead of buying another guitar.

Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

Out of context ftw!

But yeah i think to make a dive-only trem floating you have to adjust the trem and then shim the neck so the action isn't ridiculously high. Or you could route it out so it can be pulled up.
Is the trem recessed? If not then you'll only get a slight amount of pull up on it.

Edit: Pac man and his out of context nonsense

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 9, 2009,
i didnt know where else to put it! geez! XD

uh yeah actually. i do get a slight amount of pull, but something like a floating trem would be nice.
i asked this mainly because of trying to get that bar to go up and down evenly, and because i'm learning Angel Of Death. It'd be a nice thing to play with my band!
Like i said, you have to route out the space under the bridge so you can pull back or adjust the bridge to be set forward more, which would mean you have to shim your neck to be forward more so the action isn't too high from the bridge. And then you'd lose range going down, depending on how far forward you set it.
Sounds like a lot more work than would be worth it.

You can find used Ibanez 7620's and RG1527's which are both equipped with a rather respectable tremolo for less than $600. Shecter's 7 strings also tend to come with legit trems for around the same price.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio