Jackson RR3
36 26%
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z GK
55 39%
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
50 35%
Voters: 141.
Page 1 of 2
I'm having a little trouble choosing between a Jackson RR3, an Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z GK, and a Shecter C-1 Hellraiser.

I play mostly metal(80's, to Death, Black, etc.), Hard Rock, Classic, blues, everything really. Edit:I really don't need a guitar primarily on those styles, I really just need a metal/hard rock/etc guitar. I'm playing through a POD xt live and a palomino v50 and a JSX halfstack. I'd like a guitar with some pretty hot pickups but i also want it to be smooth. Kind've a Zakk Wylde/Steve Vai hybrid sound. Edit: I'm also wanting one with a good Tremelo that'll stay in tune and won't break down on me.

I want to know your advice on the best one over all. I'll put the Specs up for each one to help decide.

Jackson:
The strikingly designed Jackson RR3 Rhoads Pro Electric Guitar is a great guitar for its price. Alder body (with flamed maple top on the transparent finishes), maple neck, compound-radius rosewood fretboard, jumbo frets, Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo, Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and Jazz (neck) humbuckers, volume/volume/tone with 3-way switching, and black hardware.

Jackson's compound-radius fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. With a more relaxed hand, you'll play better!

Jackson RR3 Rhoads Pro Series Electric Guitar Features:
Alder body with flamed maple top under transparent finishes
Bolt-on maple neck
Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and Jazz (neck) pickups
Compound-radius rosewood fretboard
Sharkfin inlays
25-1/2" scale
22 jumbo frets
1-11/16" nut width
Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo
Volume, volume, tone, three-way
Black hardware

Ibanez Prestige:
This stunning RG Prestige model boasts some of Ibanez's most exciting features: A 24-fret bolt-on neck, the state-of-the-art Edge Zero bridge with ZPS3 spring system and the Toplok design which eliminates a retainer bar over the nut. High-gain DiMarzio IBZ pickups (hum/sing/hum) deliver the goods. Made in Japan by Ibanez's finest craftsmen.

Ibanez Prestige Series RG2550Z Electric Guitar Features:
24 fret bolt-on neck
Edge Zero bridge with ZPS3 spring system
Toplok
DiMarzio IBZ pickups (H/S/H)

Schecter Hellraiser:
You're sure to shake the underworld with this metal monster!

The Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR is an electric guitar featuring an original Floyd Rose tremolo system to deliver tones that are sure to please any metal player. The C-1 guitar's mahogany body has an ultra-access cutaway that really lets you get all the way up the 3-piece mahogany neck. The rosewood fretboard has 24 extra-jumbo frets and gothic cross inlays for a dark, sinister look. Active EMG 81TW and 89 pickups deliver crushing electric guitar tone. Now you have more options than ever by activating single-coil sound from the 81TW via a push/pull tone knob.

The Original Floyd Rose tremolo bridge will keep you dive-bombing with your Schecter Hellraiser C-1 all night long. The binding has been specifically chosen to complement the finish. Schecter uses Grover tuners, and black chrome hardware to round out the Hellraiser C-1 FR's killer look. Black Cherry finish has a quilted maple top.

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR Electric Guitar Features:
Construction/Scale: Set-Neck with Ultra Access / 25 1/2"
Body: Mahogany (Black Cherry finish includes Quilted Maple Top)
Neck/Fingerboard: 3-Pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
Inlays: Gothic Cross
EMG active 81TW/89 pickups
Push/pull knob for single coil on 81TW
Electronics: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way Switch
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo System
Abalone binding on Black Cherry & White, Gray Pearl Binding on Black
Tuners: Grover
Hardware: Black
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Feb 10, 2009,
i have the rr3..you get duncan jb and jazz with it! cant go wrong with that! plus no one can beat the rhoads shape!
bump
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

I would go for the Ibanez. Jacksons have always been decent to me, and I've personnely never been a fan of Schecter.
It all depends on what you want. Do you want 24 frets? Better upper fret access? No neck dive? Go for the Ibanez or the Schecter. Then do you want the darker tone of mahogany or the brighter sound of basswood? Maybe a happy medium and go with the Alder Jackson. Thick, painted neck of the Schecter or the thin one of the Ibanez?

These are all very personal choices. I personally would go with the Ibanez, but that's because I like thin necks and 24 frets. You might not.
Quote by bluebadumtable
It all depends on what you want. Do you want 24 frets? Better upper fret access? No neck dive? Go for the Ibanez or the Schecter. Then do you want the darker tone of mahogany or the brighter sound of basswood? Maybe a happy medium and go with the Alder Jackson. Thick, painted neck of the Schecter or the thin one of the Ibanez?

These are all very personal choices. I personally would go with the Ibanez, but that's because I like thin necks and 24 frets. You might not.

Good call. Yeah, I would like 24 frets and good access. No, i'd like to avoid the neck dive as much as possible. I'd like the darker sound preferably. Neck size really doesn't matter to me much.
Quote by InvaderTSN

Quote by Ziggy936
Good call. Yeah, I would like 24 frets and good access. No, i'd like to avoid the neck dive as much as possible. I'd like the darker sound preferably. Neck size really doesn't matter to me much.

Looks like the Schecter. I don't think you'll regret it, they're very good quality guitars. I just never got one because my lady hands couldn't deal with the thickness of the neck
They're all very good guitars. I'd put the Ibanez above the others in overall quality, but the pickups are inferior. The trem on the Jackson isn't quite as good as the OFR or Edge Zero. The Shechter has good hardware and build quality, but many people find the necks too thick.
If you can, play all of them. That's really the only way to tell which one is best.
bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Schecter. I love my Dean, but when I played a Schecter Hellraiser this past saturday, I was like O.o, then I was like , then I was like . Yeah, it's pretty good. Not the best neck I've ever played, but still, a great sounding guitar and feels pretty good to boot.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Go with the Ibanez. The Jackson while been a great guitar is nowhere near as good as the Ibanez or Schecter. And the Schecter not because of the pickups in it. EMGs aren't really that good for blues or classic. Also do I prefer the neck of the Ibanez.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
i would go with the ibanez. the prestige finish is nice... that guitar feels so great. then i would say schecter. but it has a fatter neck, if that is a factor. i would stay away from the jackson... it just feels cheaper to me.
and a side note, basswood is not that bright. it has a good balance.... it is very similar to alder. and, some prestige models are mahogany
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Which of these would be more reliable and easy to maintain??
Quote by InvaderTSN

Hellraisers suck ass. I think the ibanez is the best one there but you could get a better guitar for the price. Check out a c1 classic if you want a schecter. Washburns are good for metal as well.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Last edited by endless_fight1 at Feb 9, 2009,
pretty much all easy to maintain
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Quote by Ziggy936
Which of these would be more reliable and easy to maintain??

In my personal view the Ibanez.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
the ibanez is superior of those, ive had the hellraiser after loads of recomendations from UG but really its just decent nothing special, its just a hellraiser recomondation bandwagoon wave going on..
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard