Can a floyd rose 1000 series be directly swapped with an OFR without any modifications?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
bump
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
A buddy of mine just bought an LTD M1000 that has a 1000 model Floyd Rose. I just got my KE2 (USA Jackson Kelly) the other day also and both guitars have what appears to be the same FLoyd Rose. Mine is supposed to be an original and his is the 1000 version. Both are made by Schaller. THe only difference was I have 5 springs and he has 3.

THe REAL original FLoyd Rose is different and hard to find. THey are the best by far. You can tell it's real if it says "original Floyd Rose" actually on the bridge. The Schaller made original is just a hair different.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by RJF
A buddy of mine just bought an LTD M1000 that has a 1000 model Floyd Rose. I just got my KE2 (USA Jackson Kelly) the other day also and both guitars have what appears to be the same FLoyd Rose. Mine is supposed to be an original and his is the 1000 version. Both are made by Schaller. THe only difference was I have 5 springs and he has 3.

THe REAL original FLoyd Rose is different and hard to find. THey are the best by far. You can tell it's real if it says "original Floyd Rose" actually on the bridge. The Schaller made original is just a hair different.

im sorry but you have no clue what your talking about.

the FR1000 series are OFRs that are made in asia(korea i think). they are made to the EXACT same specs as the schaller made OFR. hardened steel everything, but the are made in asia. the schaller made ofr is THE original floyd rose. schaller has made them since some time in the 80s.

there are 3 ways i know of to tell the difference.
1. on the 1000 series, the edge of the sadles are beveled. on the schaller made one they are square.
2. the paint. only the 1000 series come in the black nickel finish. schaller ones only come in chrome, gold, and a NON-chrome black.
3. the baseplate stamp. on ones made by schaller in germany it says "Made in Germany" on the underside of the baseplate.

those are the only 3 ways to tell the difference that i know of. i will provide examples of both bridges.

this is a floyd rose 1000 series tremolo. note the black nickel finish and the beveled saddle ends(hard to see)

this is a made in germany by schaller OFR. note the square saddle ends.

this is the made in germany stamp on a schaller OFR. note the non-chromed black finish.

that just took me over 15 minutes to type! damn!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
is there any difference in sound quality between original floyd rose and 1000 ?
Quote by f22master

im sorry but you have no clue what your talking about.

the FR1000 series are OFRs that are made in asia(korea i think). they are made to the EXACT same specs as the schaller made OFR. hardened steel everything, but the are made in asia. the schaller made ofr is THE original floyd rose. schaller has made them since some time in the 80s.

there are 3 ways i know of to tell the difference.
1. on the 1000 series, the edge of the sadles are beveled. on the schaller made one they are square.
2. the paint. only the 1000 series come in the black nickel finish. schaller ones only come in chrome, gold, and a NON-chrome black.
3. the baseplate stamp. on ones made by schaller in germany it says "Made in Germany" on the underside of the baseplate.

those are the only 3 ways to tell the difference that i know of. i will provide examples of both bridges.

this is a floyd rose 1000 series tremolo. note the black nickel finish and the beveled saddle ends(hard to see)

this is a made in germany by schaller OFR. note the square saddle ends.

this is the made in germany stamp on a schaller OFR. note the non-chromed black finish.

that just took me over 15 minutes to type! damn!

Hey, this is very interesting and I am sure very useful info for many users. On my guitar Warbeast WMD, I have the 1000 version too. The end of saddles (side to the perfect tuners) is really beveled a bit.

They should meet the spec of OFR because even on the internet pages you can find info that those guitars uses ORF, so it should meet standards that applies to ORF.

The worse scenario would be, those norms are relatively low, but ORF does not care and makes better ones (hard to believe) and the others are lower quality.

Someone mentioned RR24 guitar. Does it have 1000 too? By OEM from FR, does it mean models like 1000 which are used in others guitar? And ORF the real ORF is sold just in the bag with no guitar. Some info would be great.

Was about two years of this post, but I think, you still play a guitar, so thanks for some hints, tips, opinions.

Thanks.
Ibanez RG570EX, Dunlop 8-38 E Standard, B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD, Dunlop 9-42 E Standard, Boss MT2, Sencor 30W, Planet Waves, Fast Track MkII. Dunlop Jazz III, Stubby
Last edited by Wakizashis at Apr 10, 2011,
yeah the rr24 has an frt-1000 too as far as i'm aware.

Bear in mind that the korean-made ones don't always have the bevelled saddles. if the saddles are bevelled, it's not a schaller-made one, but if they aren't bevelled, it's not a 100% guarantee that it's a schaller one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?