Well pit, last year I quit the schools concert band (I played clarinet :P), and because of that I wasn't allowed to join the school's stage band. Only a few minutes ago though, I found out that I'm allowed to audition for stage band guitarist. The thing is, I've never auditioned for something in my life. So if any of you guys have any ideas on what I should do/play, post em here.

I don't know what to put in my sig...

How about my gear: -
o Epiphone Les Paul 100
o VOX DA5

how bout a quote?

Originally Posted by *someone*
*something funny or reffering to me*

Don't be over confident or full of yourself
sit back enjoy the ride when it's your time to shine shred some wickid licks no one has ever seen before
or you could just play something they all like
It would probably be a good idea to find out what type of music the stage band plays if you don't know already. Then, learn a song in that style and play it the best you can. Also, +1 on TheAzMyster's comment. Don't be full of yourself. I don't think anything kills an audition quicker than when the person who is auditioning acts like an a** and doesn't seem to be one to work easily with others (except of course crappy playing skills).
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Freeeeeeeeeeeeebird!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
hmm, thanks guys, ive decided to play layla by clapton...its a blues/jazz/rock/funk band and my friend said the teacher/conductor likes clapton, so yea
I don't know what to put in my sig...

How about my gear: -
o Epiphone Les Paul 100
o VOX DA5

how bout a quote?

Originally Posted by *someone*
*something funny or reffering to me*

Might be worth practicing sight reading a bit too - most auditions I've had I've had to sightread something, although I've never had an audition on guitar...
Quote by MushroomBomb
0--3--5--0--3--5--6

... I'm sorry

that's way to easy. i was thinking more

0--3--5--0--3--5--6
0--3--5--0--3--5--6 <- SUPA COOL SUPA SOLO
Quote by Sammm1
that's way to easy. i was thinking more

0--3--5--0--3--5--6
0--3--5--0--3--5--6 <- SUPA COOL SUPA SOLO

Maybe you should throw in some crazy variation every once in a while too?

0--3--7--5!

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by MushroomBomb
Maybe you should throw in some crazy variation every once in a while too?

0--3--7--5!

thats way too insane. nobodys hands can move that fast.
Quote by Sammm1
thats way too insane. nobodys hands can move that fast.

not even Petrucci could play that.

Play "Bleed" from Meshuggah. if you pull it off they will DEFINATELY let you in.
Quote by MushroomBomb
0--3--5--0--3--5--6

... I'm sorry

Jesus thats...WRONG!! LOL

its 0-3-5-0-3-6-5...noob. lol jk

but it is wrong...
Pot
Kettle
Black
Play one of the following:

-Vicarious, Tool
-Parabola, Tool