So there's an F-50 head for sale I was thinking about going to go check out. I remember playing on a combo version a few years ago, but I wouldn't remember exactly how it sounds, but I do remember loving the clean tone, and thinking it had some pretty good distortion going for it too.

So since it's been a while since I've played it, I guess my question is if it has enough gain for metal? And I'm referring mainly to melodic death metal, some metalcore, thrash, and occasional brutal stuff (Though the prior 3 are what I'd mainly be playing). I don't mind using a OD pedal for solos if I need to, I usually do anyway. As long as I can get some awesome rhythm tone out of it is what mattters
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Should have plenty, especially with that OD If you wanna take it over the edge you MIGHT... MIGHT want a line booster/EQ for solos and use the OD of rhythm. But it's got enough for full out thrash on its own, and maybe even more.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Get a booster it will add more gain, not saying it has quite a bit already.
Its got plenty, turn on the contour and with gain at 3/4 and your at death metal levels of gain for sure. As far as doing brutal stuff as long as you have a closed back cab made for tight low end response you should be good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The F-50 has more than enough gain for metal. If you can't get that much gain out of it, you're doing something wrong
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The F-50 has more than enough gain for metal. If you can't get that much gain out of it, you're doing something wrong

This
/thread