Do you guys use your pinky for stuff like scales/licks on higher frets? (around 10ish+)

Just wanna know
YES
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12 Cab
Peavey Wolfgang Special
Yamaha Pacifica
Yamaha Audioslave? (SH-14 and Striped)
Boss DD-3
Original Crybaby Wah
EVH MXR Phase 90
Ibanez RG32A
Yes.

Edit: I only said that not to ruin the trend, but yeah, I do, but not just down on 10th+ frets, on all of them.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by FretboardToAsh
yups, I use both of my 2 pinky's actually.

pics or...
Quote by FretboardToAsh
yups, I use both of my 2 pinky's actually.

go ahead and one up us all, 4 octave arpeggio tap *****
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by Jesstaa
Yes.

Edit: I only said that not to ruin the trend, but yeah, I do, but not just down on 10th+ frets, on all of them.

I said 10th+ because to me below that using the pinky is obvious. I also did not really mean stretches. like, 8 10 11 using the pinky, or 10 12 14 stuff like that.
I refuse to use my pinky above the 15th fret, there's no ****ing reason.
Quote by Oujou
I refuse to use my pinky above the 15th fret, there's no ****ing reason.

Yes there is.
Quote by bluebadumtable
Big stretches?

yeah... I said I didn't mean those, obviously in order to not use the pinky you need to be able to use another finger..
If it'd say to use my 4th finger I use my 4th finger. For larger stretches I use it. The only time I don't when I should is during fast bits of 3-4-1 hammering, in which case I just don't use it since I haven't trained it enough yet to be fast enough for my needs with that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
I always practice with my pinky right up the neck. When it comes to improvising, sometimes I'll use my ring finger instead when I get up say past the 15th fret.

This is being phased out of my playing more and more though.

Edit: ^added the bold text.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Feb 9, 2009,
I started to not use my pinky at all, just because of its awkwardness. But now I'm trying to use my pinky as much as I can, and its made a lot of things easier. Though when I improv in a slow song I tend to replace my pinky with my ring finger, because I have better accuracy, strength, and vibrato with that finger.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i use my pinky a lot but thats generally only when i have to, ie stretching or i'm already using my third finger or whatever

its kind of like when you bend, you should be able to do a good bend with each of your fingers by themselves but in a playing situation you should always get as many fingers involved as possible when you can.
indeed
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Of course I do. Not doing so is bad technique, in my opinion.
I don't see why I shouldn't use it, I feel like a retard if I'm just playing with 3 fingers.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I use my pinky just as much as any other finger, on all parts of the neck.
Quote by Diamond Dave
i use my pinky a lot but thats generally only when i have to, ie stretching or i'm already using my third finger or whatever

its kind of like when you bend, you should be able to do a good bend with each of your fingers by themselves but in a playing situation you should always get as many fingers involved as possible when you can.

^This
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Yes. A LOT, actually.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Sometimes. I just use the nearest finger - which is quite often the ring finger as I have a short pinky. Unless you're trying to fast track your way to shred technique I shouldn't worry about it. Over time you'll work out what works best for you.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet