I find I can't watch them because I almost always visualize myself as the character getting tortured/cut-up etc. For example, if some dude is having his intestines ripped out, I would instantly imagine that was happening to me and clutch my gut and feel funny.

Anyone else have this problem?

I find this also relates to real life - like empathy, maybe? I dunno. When I see someone I know, even just vaguely, going up on stage to give a speech I feel nervous for them.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Last edited by En_zed at Feb 9, 2009,
Nope. Horror's my favorite.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I get what you mean with the empathy thing, but that's more an emotional thing for me... if in a movie there's violence it's like nom nom that's cool, unless it's something really horrific like tearing off fingernails. So yeah basically you're not special at all.
a bit. but i think about the things that have happened to someone after the movie, not during. for example, if someone runs away from killer, i just think i would have took some shovel and hit him in face behind the corner :P
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

I havn't seen a horror film thats really scared me. I've seen all 5 saws, and i didn't have a problem watching them although they are very gory.
The most scared i have been was watching Signs in my front room when i was about 10.
empathy is for pussies.

horror movies ftw!
I have no opinion on this matter.
There have been times where i've seen a sad film where one of the characters die, and i look them up on wikipedia to check theyre alive haha.
Quote by Zugunruhe
empathy is for pussies.

horror movies ftw!

+1 cosign
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Horror Movie,
Right there on my TV
Horror Movie
Right there on my TV
Horror Movie
Right there on my TV
Shockin' me right outta my brain!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Horror Movie,
Right there on my TV
Horror Movie
Right there on my TV
Horror Movie
Right there on my TV
Shockin' me right outta my brain!

NO!!!
That will be permanently etched in my ind for the next 24 hours!!!
DIE!!
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
NO!!!
That will be permanently etched in my ind for the next 24 hours!!!
DIE!!

Good luck with that!

They Played it at a night club we were playing at during a break about 3-4weeks ago & I've had it stuck in my head ever since!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I'm fine whilst watching horror movies, but after when I start thinking about it i scare myself so bad!
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
It's things like the chase scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre that make me weird, mainly because I picture myself as the main character.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Le_Bunny
That was my favourite part of the movie

Same, that's why I like horror films, they make me feel funny

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Horror movies suck. Only really cheap B-Horrors are worth anything because they focus more on being awesome or hilarious instead of trying to scare you which, unless you are 2-14, is pointless.
Quote by Magnum0
I havn't seen a horror film thats really scared me. I've seen all 5 saws, and i didn't have a problem watching them although they are very gory.
The most scared i have been was watching Signs in my front room when i was about 10.

Holy Balls man i couldnt agree more about watching signs as a 10 year old, that bit were the alien walks across the street at the kids party haunted me for months
Quote by En_zed
I find I can't watch them because I almost always visualize myself as the character getting tortured/cut-up etc. For example, if some dude is having his intestines ripped out, I would instantly imagine that was happening to me and clutch my gut and feel funny.

Anyone else have this problem?

I find this also relates to real life - like empathy, maybe? I dunno. When I see someone I know, even just vaguely, going up on stage to give a speech I feel nervous for them.

That's why i watch them
That's only happened to me when I saw the guy in Hostel get his achilles heels cut... Most of the time I just imagine the killer or whatever eating a bowl of cornflakes or takin' a dump... I just can't picture them in regular scenarios
I can't get scared anymore thats why i love friday 13th films just because jason's a badass and there is alot of hot chicks.
Quote by BucketHayden
Holy Balls man i couldnt agree more about watching signs as a 10 year old, that bit were the alien walks across the street at the kids party haunted me for months

me three and i think i was exactly 10 yrs old too
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
I have empathy for people in real life, but when it comes to horror movies I don't xD.

Let's just say I've watched a few movies that are illegal in most countries, and the director (maybe producer?) almost got sentenced to jail for making a snuff film.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
i love horror movies but i hate when in a movie,they have cliches...like example,when the main character walks alone in dark room/house,there are always had 1 character hiding somewhere then *BOOM*!!i hate that part,f**kin hate it..yup,we always knew it's coming,but everytime,that part always successfully shock me..
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"