long story shirt ive been looking for a guitar for ages and im driving myself insane trying to pick one im hoping ill stumble across one of UG's recommendations that will be my dream guitar

ok well i want a guitar with
NO floyd rose
24 frets

and well thats about it lol
i love playing rise against style music u know general punk and some hardcore punk but a good clean tone is VERY important to me

my maximum price is about 800 US (internet price)
like ull see a guitar retailing at 1100 or something like that then its 800 on muscians friend

now go nuts lol

thanks in advance
Last edited by kennel at Feb 9, 2009,
you could get a schecter hellraiser. i dont know if youll like the active pickups though, but ive heard that they have good cleans too
dont go with actives if you want a punk tone

get something with duncans, fatter and aint sterile
I would personally recommend a Schecter C-1 Classic. Oh my god, it's such an amazing guitar. It looks AND sounds beautiful.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

If I weren't planning to snag myself an Explorer, I'd get it myself.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
ive looked at schecters online and they same down my alley guitar wise

but i live in canberra and no local guitar shops stock them so i cant try one out
Quote by dwmacfar2
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar-101262830-i1149925.gc

No floyd Rose and 24 Jumbo frets. I don't see the reason in putting out 800 bucks for a guitar when u can get a great guitar for 300!

Because Omen 6's are terrible, pickups are very low output and the neck is horrible.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
PGM301, Bit over your budget and soon to go out of production though
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Cort KX Custom seems to be exactly what you describe, 24 frets, duncans, no trem, Mahogany body w/flame maple top, nicely shaped. 3 part maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. It also has a wild coil tapping system to give so many more tones.
Heck, here is the link to the UK main distributor and I'm sure you'll find a similar deal in your country.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Telecasters all the way.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
Schecter C-1 hellraiser $749 at musicians friend. A real steal for the price.

* Mahogany body (Black Cherry finish includes Quilted Maple Top)
* Set, 3-piece mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard
* 24 X-jumbo frets
* 25-1/2" scale
* Ultra-access cutaway
* EMG active 81TW/89 pickups
* Push/pull knob for single-coil on 81TW
* Volume/volume/tone controls
* 3-way pickup switch
* Grover tuners
* Abalone binding on Black Cherry & White, Gray Pearl Binding on Black
* Gothic cross fretboard inlays
* TonePros tune-o-matic bridge with thru-body design
ive already got a ibanez so im looking for somethin a bit different

ive heard nothing but good thing about schecters but again i cant play them anywhere near where live
i just realised
slickerthnsleek ur from aus lol
so whered u find a schecter?
Hellraiser gets my vote as well. I directly comared it with an EC-500 and EC-1000 and it came out on top. I have small hands, so I thought the LTDs would be better for me, but they just felt.... Wrong. Nothing like the Eclipse they're supposed to be modeled after.
How 'bout Jackson Slsmg with Hz emg pickups? It's $999 though.
Last edited by TabDB at Feb 10, 2009,
ok well tbh im not that much of a fan of emgs but the hellraiser would be and exception because its so goddamn beautiful
Try out some ibanez RGs or the ones with the tuners on both sides of the headstock, they'r meant to b sweet. I bought a new one recently (RGR421EXFM in red) for $500AU and it plays like a dream, mahogany body with flame-maple top, fixed bridge, EMG designed "V" series pickups aren't bad either, wouldn't mind some blackouts in it though.

Took it over my mates place to try it out on his sweet ass tube amp and he honestly thought i got it for 1.5k at least, he's a pretty experienced guitarist too.
rgs are fine just im not looking for a ibanez atm i just want to try something new

and once i find my punk guitar im gunna start saving for a gibson explorer
Quote by kennel
i just realised
slickerthnsleek ur from aus lol
so whered u find a schecter?

I bought mine from a person I know in Sydney, I don't know how they got it.

You can buy Schecters at Billy Hyde, they have a pretty big selection on their website too.
kool yea but i kinda wanna try before i buy unless i really dont like it for whatever reason
Quote by kennel
kool yea but i kinda wanna try before i buy unless i really dont like it for whatever reason

Billy hyde let you try before you buy.

www.billyhydemusic.com.au
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
look local, thats what ive dont for my last two guitars. just go into the local music stores and see whats used and look on craigslist, youre bound to find something you like, and maybe youll see something you didnt think about before and fall in love (thats what I did with the jackson) well good luck, i cant recommend any great punk guitars because thats not what I play but I hope you find what youre looking for
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
yea ive looked local and i know ull think im fussy and stuff but i cant seem to find the right guitar for me