Page 1 of 2
So the mystery Knebworth Festival (Sonisphere) has finally been announced with Metallica and Linkin Park as headliners and Lamb of God and Mastodon as other major acts.
Here's the site: http://www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk
Tickets are on sale this Wednesday (11th Feb)
Anybody gonna go? I would if I had the money

Hmmm, apparently there're gonna be 50,000 tickets. Those're gonna go fast
Last edited by uk.mace at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by filthandfury
Knobworth.

You know the only real festival is Reading.

Maybe in 1981, yes.

Oh dear, looks like my beloved Reading festival is gonna be a kiddy-fest again unless they get the 'DC in and other good acts.
Quote by Jackolas
Maybe in 1981, yes.

Oh dear, looks like my beloved Reading festival is gonna be a kiddy-fest again unless they get the 'DC in and other good acts.

Yeah, but I'm expecting AC/DC to go to Download to be honest. It doesn't seem right, what with the sh*tty line-ups they've had in recent years though
Quote by uk.mace
Yeah, but I'm expecting AC/DC to go to Download to be honest. It doesn't seem right, what with the sh*tty line-ups they've had in recent years though

But... What'll I do without my UG-Reading buddy!
Quote by uk.mace

I probably won't go to any festival this year, unless a day at Reading again interests me. Just because it's so expensive, amongst other 'tings.

I have a feeling it will not be for me though. The line up in 2007 was so bad I almost cried (well not really..) - I don't think Download has looked that good for years either.

Some of the smaller independent festivals and European festivals however, are full of win.

Any festival should be fun if you go with your mates or family anyway.
Quote by filthandfury
Knobworth.

You know the only real festival is Leeds.

OI

GOOD MORNING

Fixed
Quote by uk.mace
I've got almost no money anyway I have no job anymore and there's no way I could conjour up £150 in two days.

I've got no money, and never had a job. But I will find a way.

And as Jackolas was saying, some European festivals are really good. I've always liked the look of Pukkelpop.
Yeah sounds like a good lineup at that festival so far.

I'm off to Benicassim en Espana this year.
Line-up so far is:
Oasis
Killers
Kings Of Leon
Franz Ferdinand
Paul Weller

Not half bad really. Killers were a bit **** at Leeds last year though.
8 days in sunny Spain with pretty decent bands (and the awesome Oasis and KOL) next to the beach.
Just need a decent dance act to be announced now.

I want to go to Leeds again too, but duno if I could afford it to be honest.
Quote by TEK34
It's a rip off, Download is cheaper, but with and extra day and about 100 more bands.

100 more **** bands.
The lineup at Download has been terrible recently.
Quote by adyhendrixc
100 more **** bands.
The lineup at Download has been terrible recently.

ehh, I reckon that'll change this year. Doesn't change the fact that Knebworth is a rip off.

Edit- And at download there is 3 stages, so if you can go to see different bands, like for example I saw Testament instead of The Offspring, and Cavalera Conspiracy instead of Lost Prophets.
Last edited by TEK34 at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by TEK34
ehh, I reckon that'll change this year. Doesn't change the fact that Knebworth is a rip off.

Edit- And at download there is 3 stages, so if you can go to see different bands, like for example I saw Testament instead of The Offspring, and Cavalera Conspiracy instead of Lost Prophets.

True, but the Sonisphere site says that the bands will be alternated so you can see all the bands
On show days all acts will be on at alternate times so there is time to take in all of the storming lineup.
Quote by uk.mace
True, but the Sonisphere site says that the bands will be alternated so you can see all the bands

Yeah, I saw that, but you still only have the one set of bands, not 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the stages were set out like the main BDO stages in Australia, perpendicular to one another (So they have the same area for the audience), so you they're all essentially on the same stage, just so you don't get the waiting times.
Quote by uk.mace
*Bump
Now that the Download headliners have been revealed, the battle for fans begins.

I beat the official media partners in getting them here

I'll be going to Download this year me thinks.
Quote by Jackolas
Maybe in 1981, yes.

Right on.
Metallica, Lamb of God and Mastodon all in one festival is too good to miss me thinks
Quote by uk.mace
*Bump
Now that the Download headliners have been revealed, the battle for fans begins.

Only one headliner has been announced and that was Slipknot. Still more to come. Motley and Prodigy are the second stage headliners.
it looks good!!

best looking festival so far but theres only four bands confirmed, i do like them all though!

£160 bit pricey though!!
I should be going to this. Luckily I haven't already bought tickets for other festivals yet so this was an easy decision. Not too far away for me either.
This festival needs more coverage. More bands have now been announced. So far we have:
Metallica, Linkin Park, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, Machine Head, Thin Lizzy and The Sword, with NIN as a strong rumour.
F*ck Reading/Leeds!
The bands already announced are enough for me to substitute from Download.
DANK MEMES
It seems that Alice in Chains have been taken off the lineup
either that or someones cocked up the already amateur webpage
Quote by uk.mace
This festival needs more coverage. More bands have now been announced. So far we have:
Metallica, Linkin Park, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, Machine Head, Thin Lizzy and The Sword, with NIN as a strong rumour.
F*ck Reading/Leeds!

That's ridiculous. Wow. Sucks to be on holiday at that time. Oh wait. I AM!

Readings gonna be bollocks, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead. Load of ****, and i can't go to download because i have an exam the following weds. And i'm on hols again for Bloodstock.

**** THE WORLD!
more bands have been announced with...
bfmv
a7x
machine head \m/
definitely going with my mate and also seeing metallica on march 25th!
Quote by Hammerzeit
That's ridiculous. Wow. Sucks to be on holiday at that time. Oh wait. I AM!

Readings gonna be bollocks, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead. Load of ****, and i can't go to download because i have an exam the following weds. And i'm on hols again for Bloodstock.

**** THE WORLD!

No, **** you for having a holiday.
DANK MEMES
If Faith No More get announced for download in 5 minutes, I'm going. If not, it's Reading all the way!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I like the DL line up more, but Knebworth is easier to get too.

Not going to either though, waaay too pricey for a 16 year old.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
if i bought a ticket without camping, and then my circumstances changed and i needed to camp, what would be my options? could i upgrade on the day or something?
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Woo just getting my tickets now, gonna be nutty mcbutty fo sho!
Got my tickets, should be good. would Prefer Wacken or BOA but yeah haha cant make it for them

Kicks downloads ass though.
Quote by learnerlegend
my dog's barks are more interesting than their 4/4 hits

^ Regarding AC/DC
Last edited by Metal5115 at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by uk.mace
F*ck Reading/Leeds!

Winzor!

Got my tix!

And NIN are a definite.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Page 1 of 2