So...

I can afford to buy a new Classic or a new SVT 3 Pro.

The SVT 3 Pro is amazing through two cabs or one big 4Ohm cab...tried one the other day.

I didnt want to get a Classic thats from vietnam and struggle to sell in the future. Whereas with the SVT-3 Pro its not as expensive and easier to look after. 2nd hand market for those isnt as difficult if I ever sell it!

Thanks

Gareth x
Last edited by Musicman20 at Feb 9, 2009,
.. Are you asking a question or.. ?

Um, enjoy your SVT3, I guess.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
No...neither of them will be. The 2nd hand us market is getting ridiculous. To be fair....I can understand the anger aimed at Ampeg, but its global economics. Its actually pretty xenophobic to presume a worker in Vietnam isnt as good as anyone else.

My friend has an all Vietnam made stack and it is perfect. Very good attention to details.
Quote by Musicman20
No...neither of them will be. The 2nd hand us market is getting ridiculous. To be fair....I can understand the anger aimed at Ampeg, but its global economics. Its actually pretty xenophobic to presume a worker in Vietnam isnt as good as anyone else.

My friend has an all Vietnam made stack and it is perfect. Very good attention to details.

It could be the same as an American made, but it isn't.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Musicman20

I've seen Vietnam Ampegs with absolutely horrible, and much thinner tolex. The application was terrible. And from what I understand, they don't use real plywood on the heads. Not cool. And I GUARANTEE the Vietnamese employees aren't as good as the American ones - they haven't been doing it as long!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I've seen Vietnam Ampegs with absolutely horrible, and much thinner tolex. The application was terrible. And from what I understand, they don't use real plywood on the heads. Not cool. And I GUARANTEE the Vietnamese employees aren't as good as the American ones - they haven't been doing it as long!

they use fake plywood!!! the bastards

It's ridiculous to assume that a Vietnamese/Chinese/Indonesian/Mexican person can't screw and solder an amp as well as an American. It's not exactly a Skilled art like luthiery.

Thin Tolex is not the fault of the guys screwing it together, it's the fault of Ampeg's accountants for cheaping out on components.

Worse tone isn't going to be caused by screwing a component in slightly to the left of where it should be, The damage to the tone is done by using worse quality components. It's plain stupid to blame the guy screwing it all together for using the cheapy pots and caps that are given to him.

Providing the components they use are top quality they will produce a product as good as an MIA product. That's the reason Lakland Skylines have as good if not better fit and finish than MIA fenders.

Have you ever built a guitar made by a vietnamese luthier? My mate brought one back when he lived there and it beat **** out of my japanese market Gibson SG and his MIA standard Tele and for the price of an MIM jazz bass that's pretty damn good
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well, if the luthier's been doing it for decades, great. But shipping crappier components to far less experienced who probably aren't as "into the product" as some Americans are... PLUS the actual act of shipping items to and from different continents... it's not that much of a stretch. Tone is one part of the chain. Reliability and consistancy are others that some people just don't appreciate. Do you really hate Behringer just because of the tone?

And let's not forget the whole former starts-and-stripes add campaign.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 9, 2009,
WEll, i would really try and get an american made one TS. Secondly the svt 3 pro is generally wuite underpowered, so dont be expecting a loud 450 watts out of it. Secondly i would really try and go for the Cl if i were you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by thefitz
Well, if the luthier's been doing it for decades, great. But shipping crappier components to far less experienced who probably aren't as "into the product" as some Americans are... PLUS the actual act of shipping items to and from different continents... it's not that much of a stretch. Tone is one part of the chain. Reliability and consistancy are others that some people just don't appreciate. Do you really hate Behringer just because of the tone?

And let's not forget the whole former starts-and-stripes add campaign.

is it the vietnamese workers fault that ampegs cheapy budget components aren't realiable?

and i'd go as far as to say that the vietnamese workers are probably more inclined to do their job to the best of their abilities for fear of losing it and not being able to put any food on the table than an american who can always fall back on job seekers allowance or whatever the american equivalent is if he gets sacked.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i'd say pick up a used CL. They go for like $1000 on ebay.

of course make sure it is american made