Well, when playing my own stuff i like to tune down the strings a half step, but to cover songs i like to be in the same key like the original song is. I don't have two guitars that i can use so i thought i could solve the problem with a capo to quickly can change between the tunings.

So, id' like to know if there are any special things i have to think about before i get a capo?

question sounds maybe dumb to some but i want to know it exactly.
Eh. I don't know the exact name of the one I have...But you can roll it up and down the fret board and clip it onto the headstock to store it. The Edge used the same kind for a bit at some point. In any case, I write a lot of music that utilizes the capo (the higher keys sound so good on my Tele) and I've never had any unexpected changes occur or what have you.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
Make sure you get a quality capo that presses down on all the strings.

I had some problems with cheaper models, if they don't press hard enough on ALL the strings, you're bound to get buzz
I don't have a signature
I just got a really nice one for only $20. Pretty simple. Spring powered clip on.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I use an Ashton one and it actually works really well for me.

You may have problems using a capo if you have a Floyd Rose... apart from that, as long as you have a good quality one, you should be okay.
yeah just make sure you get a descent one, a cheap one may not press down on all of the strings properly
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
I personally love the Kyser capo. It's simple, functional and looks good clipped to your headstock.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I have a Kyser one but it doesn't work well on my electrics. It presses on the strings too hard and makes them sharp. I have to retune it properly, but that takes the point out of using a capo, but they do make one for electrics with thinner necks and lighter strings.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I have a Kyser one but it doesn't work well on my electrics. It presses on the strings too hard and makes them sharp. I have to retune it properly, but that takes the point out of using a capo, but they do make one for electrics with thinner necks and lighter strings.

I've never had a problem with the Kyser on my electrics.... but... that's funny, that it's not good for electrics, but it works better on electrics with lighter strings and thinner necks for you.... cause electrics tend to have thinner necks and lighter strings than acoustics....
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I have a Shubb capo - seems to work well, although the majority of music I'm learning at the moment doesn't need one.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I use the G7th, i like it anyway, but its not cheap
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12