Page 1 of 2
most notably, Colplay?

If you haven't heard, coldplay clearly ripped off the basis to their song "Viva La Vida" from a Joe satriani song, "If I could Fly." (If you haven't heard the comparison, go into itunes and search the songs)

It really bothers me that they can get away with ripping off a tune, and then win awards for it?? especially awards like best rock album/best pop performance by a group/song of the year!

does it bother anyone else?
no
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Coldplay sucks.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Uh. I like the song.
Apparently, a bunch of other people do, too.
Lots of music sounds like other music. That's music for you, I guess. Whether it's a clear rip-off or not is still debatable.
Quote by 0RI0N
Coldplay sucks.

+1

I'm not really bothered by the band...but rather the fact that they were put in a rock category...and won...
Chris Martin > any of your favourite artists/childhood heroes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The Grammy's are what they are; recognition of decent and or popular mainstream music. That is fine since they make no pretense about being a search for the best in the music industry. No need to get yourself all worked up.
Quote by PandaPetey
most notably, Colplay?

If you haven't heard, coldplay clearly ripped off the basis to their song "Viva La Vida" from a Joe satriani song, "If I could Fly." (If you haven't heard the comparison, go into itunes and search the songs)

It really bothers me that they can get away with ripping off a tune, and then win awards for it?? especially awards like best rock album/best pop performance by a group/song of the year!

does it bother anyone else?

Actually i find that Joe Satriani's If i could fly(atleast the intro) sounds waaay to similar to "A Horse With no name" by America
Quote by guitaristben
Yeah gonna watch it now that Blink 182 will either be presenting an award or performing.

plus the fact that they've now officially reformed from what i've read
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
Quote by Kensai

michaelangelo from teenage mutant ninja turtles>chris martin.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
What do you and Joe Satriani's wah pedal have in common?

You're both crybabies.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i'm not being a whiny little bitch thank you very much.
i'm just sort of confused as to how a clear rip off of another song can win an award while the original isn't so much as mentioned.

thats all.
it just seems wrong.
Quote by froggyman
Raphael > Michelangelo

raphael was a whiny emo bitch.

'I wanna be leader'

'fuck off raff, I'm the leader. now go sit on a roof and cry'

'...fuck you leo'

*walks off to cry on a rooftop*

meanwhile michaelangelo is skateboardin along beating footsoldiers asses with nothing but 4 small pieces of wood and 2 pieces of string.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
raphael was a whiny emo bitch.

'I wanna be leader'

'fuck off raff, I'm the leader. now go sit on a roof and cry'

'...fuck you leo'

*walks off to cry on a rooftop*

meanwhile michaelangelo is skateboardin along beating footsoldiers asses with nothing but 4 small pieces of wood and 2 pieces of string.

Listen there is nothing cooler than a bi-polar, slightly emo turtle with a hunger for power!

plus forks are so much cooler than 2 pieces of wood with a chain tied to them
I am bother by the Grammys.

There is a record of the year, and album of the year. What the hell is the difference.

Yes, unrelated.
Quote by Kensai

Whammy?
I has a bass guitar.
Satch stole the part in question from Cat Stevens, so he shouldn't get the credit, either. And hey, Coldplay may not be good or original, but those guys know how to sell records, and that's what the Grammy committee looks for.
Quote by froggyman
Listen there is nothing cooler than a bi-polar, slightly emo turtle with a hunger for power!
he's essentially the average teenager.

whiny and aggressive, with ideas above his station.

plus forks are so much cooler than 2 pieces of wood with a chain tied to them

bitch please, they're designed as weapons. Michaelangelos 'weapon' started out as a tool for separating rice grains from the husk.

Quote by element4433
Donatello was by far the best, hell he didn't even need a bladed weapon or nunchucks. The other 3 were pussies.

And Fireman Sam > Chris Martin also
Last edited by JackalUK at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK
Donatello was by far the best, hell he didn't even need a bladed weapon or nunchucks. The other 3 were pussies.

he used a huge stick.

he actively chose to hold a big rod and beat others with it.

And Fireman Sam > Chris Martin also

I have to agree with this though.

Quote by element4433
Quote by JackalUK

Please Donatello was the nerd of the group and was always kissing Splinter's ass plus he fought with a stupid little stick

and i concede defeat, using a agricultural tool to beat someone's as is pretty cool but Michelangelo is totally a stoner
Quote by Lemoninfluence
he used a huge stick.

he actively chose to hold a big rod and beat others with it.

At least he chose a genuine weapon used by ninjitsu warriors. Unlike the other posers who obviously just "OLOLO WE ARE NINJAS LOL!!! I CAN BE LIKE A JOHN WOO FILM!"
Quote by Captain Insano
I am bother by the Grammys.

There is a record of the year, and album of the year. What the hell is the difference.

Yes, unrelated.

Record of the year is a single.
Death to Ovation haters!
This thread started off badly... then the Ninja Turtle debate happened and saved it completely.

PHEW!
404: Sig not found.
Quote by JackalUK
At least he chose a genuine weapon used by ninjitsu warriors. Unlike the other posers who obviously just "OLOLO WE ARE NINJAS LOL!!! I CAN BE LIKE A JOHN WOO FILM!"

big sweaty stiff rod.

ok maybe I took it a bit too far. but still as a person/turtle, he wasn't anywhere near as cool as michaelangelo.

also we know they weren't real ninjas because we see them several times. also, they're turtles.

let's not get hung up on authenticity issues eh?

Quote by element4433
Bullcrap, Joe shouldn't have said to put his lawyers and a filmcrew to irritate Coldplay. Just jealousy, crap on your moms dick Joe, or make real music.
BTW, the Plant/Krauss album is awesome. Go listen to it, and you will agree with the Grammy results.
Death to Ovation haters!
I'm more disturbed by the fact that the Jonas Brothers played with Stevie Wonder.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Page 1 of 2