Hi there. I'm looking for my first electric guitar. I've been playing acoustic for about a year and I think it's time to go electric.

I've narrowed down my choices to these 3:
LTD F-50
Cort X-6
Ibanez GRG150 (couldn't find link, sorry)

The LTD and Cort was made in the same factory in Indonesia. Dunno bout Ibanez.
I'm playing mainly japanese visual kei and rock in general. Sometimes also metal. The heaviest that I will go is maybe a7x. Also tremolo is not necessary.
Which will suit me the best? If you have other opinions, my budget is around those guitars.
Thanks in advance.
the ltd for sure, awesome guitars.
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
get the ESP LTD f-50, that's what i bought, the other 2 do not compare to it... i spent hours researching the Ibanez and and the LTD you have listed and less then an hour in the local guitar shop proved to me that the LTD is the better guitar.
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
ESP/LTD all the way bro
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
If you're looking for overall quality I'd definitely agree with these other gentlemen and say go with the LTD. Unfortunately for my fellow Ibanez users and I, we had to spend at least 600 bucks to get a good quality instrument. lol
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say get the Cort... Any LTD numbered below 250 is not worth it at all IMO. The 50s are the bottom of the barrel for LTD, as is any GRG Ibanez makes. All of Cort's mid- to top range guitars are very very nice, and their mid range is generally priced around the same as the cheapest models from the top brands. The X-6 is very nice, but I can't tell you anything about the long term functionality of the floating trem on it.
Quote by Pikka Bird
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say get the Cort... Any LTD numbered below 250 is not worth it at all IMO. The 50s are the bottom of the barrel for LTD, as is any GRG Ibanez makes. All of Cort's mid- to top range guitars are very very nice, and their mid range is generally priced around the same as the cheapest models from the top brands. The X-6 is very nice, but I can't tell you anything about the long term functionality of the floating trem on it.

So if I can rise my budget, F250 all the way?
I'd look on the used market if I were you,that'd get the most band for your buck.Also,IMO,any LTD model below the 400 series has quality and sound issues,so I'd stay away from their low end stuff.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'm with Pikkabird where Cort quality is concerned. But look also at the KX5 and EVL-K2 or stretch to the EVL K4.
Especially the KX5 has some good reviews on HC who can be a bit hard if anything is not perfect
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'd go used or save up a little bit more and buy something in the 400 $ range.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Then I'd maybe recommend a Ibanez ART-100

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artist-ART100-Electric-Guitar?sku=512354

Or the Ibanez Rg 2EX1

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RE2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783

Or the Ibanez you alredy mentioned.

I can't say anthing about Cort guitars because I haven't tried them out, and I don't recommend Ltd's in that price range, but these are just my opinions listen to other opinions too and the most important is that you try playing the guitars you've been thinking about, then you'll see which one you like the most.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I actually have a 50 series LTD (EC-50) and its a great guitar for the price. It definitely beats out any Epiphone Les Paul in terms of playability. However, I am going to have to go with the Cort. With the F-50, i can almost guarantee you that you will be sick of that shape in no time. It is usually better to go with something more conservative. As for the Ibanez, the lowend stuff really sucks. They feel like terribly made Wal-Mart guitars. If that Ibanez had a tremelo bridge, it would be made of crap metal and you would never be able to stay in tune. The cort will have much more tonal variety due to the ability to coil tap and the extra middle single coil. It also will be much more comfortable to play. The 5 pc neck also looks killer.
Quote by aiur55
I actually have a 50 series LTD (EC-50) and its a great guitar for the price. It definitely beats out any Epiphone Les Paul in terms of playability. However, I am going to have to go with the Cort. With the F-50, i can almost guarantee you that you will be sick of that shape in no time. It is usually better to go with something more conservative. As for the Ibanez, the lowend stuff really sucks. They feel like terribly made Wal-Mart guitars. If that Ibanez had a tremelo bridge, it would be made of crap metal and you would never be able to stay in tune. The cort will have much more tonal variety due to the ability to coil tap and the extra middle single coil. It also will be much more comfortable to play. The 5 pc neck also looks killer.

Actually, the shape is what caught me in the first place. I've tried my friend's cort (exactly same model), and it feels good. I don't have any chance to play LTD, cus they're not for sale here (thought they're made here, damn ESP). And the only way to get it is from private sellers who got it from "factory insider".
hmm what kind of "prices" can you hook a friend up with? + shipping to Canada...
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Now I'm going to sort of go back on what I said. I agree with Tweeb. The Ibanez ART 100 is a wonderful guitar (for $300 as well). I've played probably 5 of them total and every single one was top notch for the price.
None of 'em. Stay away from cheap floyds, and I wouldn't buy a bottom-line LTD.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!