Wow, that's the least amount of views I've ever had on a thread before it disappeared off the first page. Must be because I used the word "Blues" in the title........
Last edited by jayr123guitar at Feb 10, 2009,
And you get the HELL YEAH NIGGY-HED!! from me. That was cool man. I can groove to that!
Yeah, I have to agree. That was some sick musicianship my friend. Love the bassline, it's very funky and that's pretty damn good overall. I think you got it down

If you could check out Dreams/Celestial Voyager/Dreams reprise, please do, should be on the first page (bumped it before reading rules )
Listen to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or whatever you want to listen to.
Dreams/Celestial Voyager (My Band's recording )
Live at Pompeii

Put this in your signature if you think coalition governments in democratic societies are f*cking retarded.
man that was the coolest thing i have ever seen at an open mic
you obviously practised that, still took a while to set up for so short a song, but it was sick nonetheless. very infectious grooving. the main riff did get abit annoying until all the loops were in. next time i would try it with the bass part first.

other than that i dont have any useful crits for you other than, good job, i really liked that one.

try mine out?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18570687#post18570687
thanks!
Thanks everybody!

Quote by diablo_man
man that was the coolest thing i have ever seen at an open mic
you obviously practised that, still took a while to set up for so short a song, but it was sick nonetheless. very infectious grooving. the main riff did get abit annoying until all the loops were in. next time i would try it with the bass part first.

I actually played a one hour set. This tune was the opener. To get the setup working the way I wanted took me months of trial and error. Thanks for watching!

I'll crit everybody back this evening.

Cheers,
J
Really enjoyed this. Groovy riffs, awesome use of the loop station. Though maybe a bit more soloing on top of the looped guitar riff would have been cool.

crit mine? (myspace link in the sig)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Though maybe a bit more soloing on top of the looped guitar riff would have been cool.
QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more!!

You know, I didnt even think about that while watching the vid and your right. That would have been THE ****!! if youd have solo'ed some more. You were getting down man!

After reading the other posts I remember thinking to myself "How long did it take him to do this like that?" I bet it did take awhile and alot of work. But you got it. Thats cool.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
Really enjoyed this. Groovy riffs, awesome use of the loop station. Though maybe a bit more soloing on top of the looped guitar riff would have been cool.

crit mine? (myspace link in the sig)

Thanks! Checked out your first tune there. Reminds me of a seventies Santana vibe for sure. Really liked it! Thanks again.

Cheers,
J
Last edited by jayr123guitar at Feb 13, 2009,
Wow... that was very good. You have some amazing talent. Don't stop, dude!

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how long have you been playing guitar for?
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Wow... that was very good. You have some amazing talent. Don't stop, dude!

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how long have you been playing guitar for?

Thanks! I've been playing for about 14 years.
Man, that was impressive! The only thing I can say that would improve it would be making the solo tone differ substantially more than the riff than you're working off of. The two tones are very similar and blend with each other a bit too much for my liking. What kind of loop device are you using?

Would it be possible to get some input on this, please sir? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067724
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"