Hi there. Two days ago I received my brand new Fender Twin 100 watt all tube amp. I have a slight problem with it and I was wondering if you guys can help me.I get a buzzing/humming sound from my Fender Twin when I turn the reverb channel pass 2. Is this normal? If the reverb channel is at 2 or below there is no distracting sound in the background like "humming/buzzing" but when I turn the nob pass 2 its starts to occur. *Note* When I switch to 1/4 power (25watts) i can turn the reverb to 10 and wont get the buzz, but when I switch it back up to full 100w power its there. Is this normal? Thank you
if you're going to get buzz on an amp, it'll usually be when the reverb is up.

not saying it's normal, but there are different degrees of noise.

you might want to call site you bought it from.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i'm no tube expert, and i wont claim to be one ( )

however, it sounds like you have a rattling/vibrating tube....although since it doesnt occur at 1/4 power, that is where i am thinking it might not be a tube vibration. (can anyone quote me on this?)
^depending on how they accomplish the power reduction, it might be a power tube (one of the ones that only run on 100W power)...no tube expert either, but that'd be my guess...try switching them all on and tapping them lightly with a pencil (NOT your finger - hot!) - if you hear rattle, its a tube.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I ordered it from Musiciansfriend.com I sent them an email and they are saying its a defect with the amp and just send it back and they will send me a new one. But I was just told by a friend that every twin he ever played on did the same thing? Hmm i dont know what's goin on.
^like jenny said, it's a natural thing to occur when using reverb, especially when the entire power section is running - but if it's out of hand in your mind, you can always send it back

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009