I play EC and SRV and that sort of stuff 85% of the time and the other 15% i am playing like deep purple or some kinda classic rock. i have a great OD/dist pedal so if the amp doesn't have a great OD channel thats fine. i really want a fendery clean channel sound. Budget about $650. here are the amps i was thinking of

1.Epi valve Senior
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ValveSr/

2. Peavey Delta Blues 115

3.Fender Blues Junior

but im open to suggestions....
Really, stay away from the Epi, it's ok, but those other two are way better in sound in my opinion!
For $650? Peavey Classic 30, my friend.

EDIT: Not sure how Fendery the C30 gets, but if you want Fendery cleans, I guess the Blues Jr. will do. I dunno.
Peavey I have heard is for more metal sounding play, in general. I'd look into fender and maybe save up a little more to drop. You could get a Blues Deluxe, a DaVille, or the new Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue they just came out with. I am a pretty hardcore blues rooted player and I have to say I love the OD on the Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue, but thats my Grunge side speaking. Since you have a pedal for it I guess it doesn't really matter. WHat pedal do you have, a Big Muff?

oh P.S. all the amps I mentioned are fenders. I'd def go for an orange amp tho if you can find one for cheap. They're the signature amp of AC/DC (early years), Sabbath, among many other bands. Awesome cleans and great Tone/tone control.
Quote by manhangi
Peavey I have heard is for more metal sounding play, in general. I'd look into fender and maybe save up a little more to drop. You could get a Blues Deluxe, a DaVille, or the new Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue they just came out with. I am a pretty hardcore blues rooted player and I have to say I love the OD on the Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue, but thats my Grunge side speaking. Since you have a pedal for it I guess it doesn't really matter. WHat pedal do you have, a Big Muff?

oh P.S. all the amps I mentioned are fenders. I'd def go for an orange amp tho if you can find one for cheap. They're the signature amp of AC/DC (early years), Sabbath, among many other bands. Awesome cleans and great Tone/tone control.

This thread should be in GG&A anyways.

Peaveys like the 6505 and XXX and those sorts of amps are used more primarily for metal. Peavey Classic 30 is more of a rock type amp, easily capable of doing a good blues sound.

TS, do go and test some of these out, please. I did try the C30 a number of times and thought it was not bad at all. If you truly want that Fendery sound... I'd say get a Fender. If you've got such a great OD, I'm sure you won't be lacking in the gain department.
Blues Junior is good, tho it can be a bit noisy as well

If its just for small work, id recommend a tiny terror for it, its brilliant for blues up to hard rock, it doesnt do metal that well but i dont imagine your looking for that

Anyway, go try some amps out, personal preference and all that
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12