#1
I play EC and SRV and that sort of stuff 85% of the time and the other 15% i am playing like deep purple or some kinda classic rock. i have a great OD/dist pedal so if the amp doesn't have a great OD channel thats fine. i really want a fendery clean channel sound. Budget about $650. here are the amps i was thinking of

1.Epi valve Senior
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ValveSr/

2. Peavey Delta Blues 115

3.Fender Blues Junior

but im open to suggestions....
#2
Really, stay away from the Epi, it's ok, but those other two are way better in sound in my opinion!
#3
For $650? Peavey Classic 30, my friend.

EDIT: Not sure how Fendery the C30 gets, but if you want Fendery cleans, I guess the Blues Jr. will do. I dunno.
#4
Peavey I have heard is for more metal sounding play, in general. I'd look into fender and maybe save up a little more to drop. You could get a Blues Deluxe, a DaVille, or the new Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue they just came out with. I am a pretty hardcore blues rooted player and I have to say I love the OD on the Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue, but thats my Grunge side speaking. Since you have a pedal for it I guess it doesn't really matter. WHat pedal do you have, a Big Muff?

oh P.S. all the amps I mentioned are fenders. I'd def go for an orange amp tho if you can find one for cheap. They're the signature amp of AC/DC (early years), Sabbath, among many other bands. Awesome cleans and great Tone/tone control.
#5
Quote by manhangi
Peavey I have heard is for more metal sounding play, in general. I'd look into fender and maybe save up a little more to drop. You could get a Blues Deluxe, a DaVille, or the new Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue they just came out with. I am a pretty hardcore blues rooted player and I have to say I love the OD on the Bluesman Deluxe Re-Issue, but thats my Grunge side speaking. Since you have a pedal for it I guess it doesn't really matter. WHat pedal do you have, a Big Muff?

oh P.S. all the amps I mentioned are fenders. I'd def go for an orange amp tho if you can find one for cheap. They're the signature amp of AC/DC (early years), Sabbath, among many other bands. Awesome cleans and great Tone/tone control.


This thread should be in GG&A anyways.

Peaveys like the 6505 and XXX and those sorts of amps are used more primarily for metal. Peavey Classic 30 is more of a rock type amp, easily capable of doing a good blues sound.

TS, do go and test some of these out, please. I did try the C30 a number of times and thought it was not bad at all. If you truly want that Fendery sound... I'd say get a Fender. If you've got such a great OD, I'm sure you won't be lacking in the gain department.
#6
Blues Junior is good, tho it can be a bit noisy as well

If its just for small work, id recommend a tiny terror for it, its brilliant for blues up to hard rock, it doesnt do metal that well but i dont imagine your looking for that

Anyway, go try some amps out, personal preference and all that
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12