Page 1 of 2
Recently I watched L.A. Confidential and Spirited Away. Both great films

L.A. Confidential-9/10
Spirited Away-9.75/10
Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny was pretty good.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Quote by JackalUK
I watched the Dark Knight again, 10/10 owns your movies.

How original, it's good to see that the youth of this world are branching out and expanding their cinematic views.

Bless you.
Quote by DeadlyKombat
Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny was pretty good.

I've been meaning to see this. Heard it was fairly good from quite a few people.
Damn right, and I may watch the Blue Brothers again. That was also an epic film worthy of a 10/10
Quote by thejoker0982
How original, it's good to see that the youth of this world are branching out and expanding their cinematic views.

Bless you.

Says the jackass with the name "Joker" in his username...
thejoker0982, acording to his profile hes 23 youth? no:|
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Quote by JackalUK
Damn right, and I may watch the Blue Brothers again. That was also an epic film worthy of a 10/10

Blues Brothers is among my favourite films. I watched No Country For Old Men again earlier, another 10/10...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by thejoker0982

Bless you.

Given your username, I had a good chuckle at this.

The Dark Knight was the last film I watched too, other films I've seen recently are Lords Of Dogtown (Pretty good, but the arse-end of the film was cliché as hell, 7/10), and No Country For Old Men (Great film, odd ending, 9/10)
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Hot_Money420
Says the jackass with the name "Joker" in his username...

A random username that I thought off the top of my head. I never claimed that, "The Dark Knight has owange and pawnage powers lozlozlzolzzl"
Quote by thejoker0982
Recently I watched L.A. Confidential and Spirited Away. Both great films

L.A. Confidential-9/10
Spirited Away-9.75/10

Glad you liked L.A. Confidential...Russell Crowe had a great role in it.

I just watched The Usual Suspects for the first time, and it was good, but I think people give it too much credit...a tad overrated if you ask me.
Quote by chad120
i saw mall cop, it wasnt that bad

It was kinda like home alone for a little bit though. I still thought it was funny though.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Insomniac35
thejoker0982, acording to his profile hes 23 youth? no:|

Compared to you I'm as wise as Yoda
Quote by thejoker0982
A random username that I thought off the top of my head. I never claimed that, "The Dark Knight has owange and pawnage powers lozlozlzolzzl"

Oh sure...I mean, how stupid of me to make that connection...and I never said you spoke like that...****in' 09ers...

Edit:

Again

Quote by thejoker0982
Compared to you I'm as wise as Yoda

****in' 09ers
Quote by apollo minor
Glad you liked L.A. Confidential...Russell Crowe had a great role in it.

I just watched The Usual Suspects for the first time, and it was good, but I think people give it too much credit...a tad overrated if you ask me.

Really? I recently watched it for the first time as well. Loved it. Kevin Spacey was amazing. Although I could see it on repeated viewings being a tad tedious.
No Country for Old Men is the pinnacle of movie making in my opinion. The Dark Knight is movie brilliance and it's bull**** that it's not up for Best picture. Brokeback Mountain is a great movie too. As you an see, I love Heath ledger.
Last edited by Splashed at Feb 10, 2009,
I'm a film student.

Whoo.

I'm probably finally going to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button tonight, and Slumdog Millionaire sometime this week hopefully.

I work at the movie theatre, so I get free movies which is pretty sweet, but I never get a chance to actually go see the movies.
signatures are budget.
Quote by Kenny_Fever
I'm a film student.

Whoo.

I'm probably finally going to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button tonight, and Slumdog Millionaire sometime this week hopefully.

I work at the movie theatre, so I get free movies which is pretty sweet, but I never get a chance to actually go see the movies.

Nice, that's great. I thought Slumdog was really good and was a bit underwhelmed by Benjamin Button.

Are you a fan of Danny Boyle?
I'm actually appalled at Wall-E not getting a Best Picture nomination.

The Reader!?! Come on.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
i saw dark knight again recently too, heath ledger's performance in it really is amazing, acts everyone else off the screen.

but if you wanna see christian bale really acting, watch american psycho.

genius movie.
sheer genius.

has anyone seen my name is bruce yet?
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by alphasignal
has anyone seen my name is bruce yet?

I have, got a Q & A with Bruce Cambell. He's a really funny guy. It was a good film, fun to watch, over the top.

8.5/10
i must get it.

whats the q and a by Bruce campbell? i know he does loads but i didnt know he released a dvd of one
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
I watched Meet the Spartans last night since there was nothing else on HBO. That movie is anti-funny. I found more humor in Schindler's List!
I wouldn't give Dark Knight a 10/10 but it was a really good film. I didn't like No Country For Old Men though.

Might watch Kung Fu Hustle later, it looks good.
I torrented a bunch of Jean-Luc Godard films so I'll watch those sometime over the next few days. And The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie by John Cassavetes (sp?)
Good idea TS, everytime i see a good film i want to make a thread and discuss it, now i can just come here. I recently watched The Deer Hunter, its gets 9/10
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Feb 9, 2009,
Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button the other night.

Was good but far too long. The overall all idea of the plot was great, making you think about life and death and age and everything but by the end of it I was just sort of thinking "Please just finish soon", which is never good.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by 6cradle6of6filt
I Watched Cannibal Holocaust, twas strange....

Same here. Very disturbing movie! Oh, and I still haven't seen The Dark Knight...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button the other night.

Was good but far too long. The overall all idea of the plot was great, making you think about life and death and age and everything but by the end of it I was just sort of thinking "Please just finish soon", which is never good.
It wasn't long enough if you ask me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
It wasn't long enough if you ask me.

Bloody hell, really?

I enjoyed it but it seemed to drag far too much, Have you read the book? I personally haven't so I'm not sure how much they missed out but it just seemed to go on for a lot longer than the plot allowed it.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
Last edited by Mr. La Fritz at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Bloody hell, really?

I enjoyed it but it seemed to drag far too much, Have you read the book? I personally haven't so I'm not sure how much they missed out but it just seemed to go on for a lot longer than the plot allowed it.
I haven't read it either. But after a quick trip to it's wikipedia page, it said that the two are very different.

I'm a fan of long movies. It could have gone on for another half hour to an hour and I would have been fine with it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2