So my friend has a pretty nice acoustic that she NEVER plays. her brother bought it for hew two years ago and she has only picked it up once since then. She gave it to me on long term loan since my acoustic sucks. When I was looking it over I noticed that someone had placed a folded up piece of paper under the strings on the bridge. I really don't know why they would do this unless the e string was too close to the fret board or something.

tl;dr is there any reason someone would put a folded up piece of paper underneath the e string on the bridge?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
sorry if this is wrong forum btw
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
well if you decide to burn the guitar, paper helps the fire!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Is there anything written on the paper? I used to tuck sheets of music or tab or lyrics under my strings so I knew where they were, ages and ages ago.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Is there anything written on the paper? I used to tuck sheets of music or tab or lyrics under my strings so I knew where they were, ages and ages ago.

fingers crossed for bank pin
Quote by LordBishek
Hey I have an idea: ask her.

she has no idea. I actually don't think she's changed the strings since her brother gave her the guitar, so the person to ask would be her brother. Unfortunately she has no idea where he is or how to contact him, that's a much longer and more interesting story.

So general consensus is I should just replace the strings w/out the paper and see what happens?
Quote by Eminored
Quote by fallingforever
she has no idea. I actually don't think she's changed the strings since her brother gave her the guitar, so the person to ask would be her brother. Unfortunately she has no idea where he is or how to contact him, that's a much longer and more interesting story.

So general consensus is I should just replace the strings w/out the paper and see what happens?

without id say. see if its needed and then restring, but a normal guitar doesnt need a paper under the bridge
Quote by fallingforever

Tell us the more interesting story.
Quote by Greenie_777
Tell us the more interesting story.

Yeah, you really shot yourself in the foot there. This thread is gonna spiral out of control now.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, you really shot yourself in the foot there. This thread is gonna spiral out of control now.

i actually got the answer i needed when i went to the local guitar shop.

here's the more interesting story:

my friend's brother is like 5 or 6 years older than her and as soon as he graduated from college he started buying her awesome gifts. I got to know him pretty well but I had no idea what he did for a living, neither did his sister. One of the gifts was this guitar which cost him about $1,400 and she's never played before, so this was a guitar to learn on. Like 6 months ago we found out that he was in jail for getting in a fight and putting a guy in the emergency room. his parents bailed him out and he left the country. the only thing he left was a lettr telling his parents why he had to leave. It had to do with the fact that he was dealing some heavy drugs and the police were on to him. the guy he beat up was a cop and as soon as he got bail he left the country. while he had never been arrested before apparently he was a suspect in 2 homicide cases as well. this is why i can't ask him what the guitar was like originally
Quote by Eminored