Page 1 of 2
I played trumpet in middle school...it was pretty easy...you use the standard scale so it is not too difficult to read the notes.

Just be sure that you are good at buzzing your lips...that is key!
It isn't easy, and it'll sound shit for quite some time... much like any instrument, but it's a good instrument. What sort of music are you planning on playing on it?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Demons&Wizards
trumpets!...bring them on!

Bring on the trumpets!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I could never get it to make a noise, then again I only tried for about 10 mins, then assumed it was something I would never be able to do
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by irongoat666
Bring on the trumpets!

I was going to say this
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
I played for 6 years, easy to learn but difficult to master. get ready for sore cheeks

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
It's pretty hard, from what I hear. Good luck. I've kind of wanted to learn for awhile, but I have no access to one
Quote by irongoat666
Bring on the trumpets!

Its got nothing to do with trumpets. I was just talking about natural colours and flavours.
Quote by jgbsmith
It isn't easy, and it'll sound shit for quite some time... much like any instrument, but it's a good instrument. What sort of music are you planning on playing on it?

ska based genres (and punk and so on)
I could play a tune on one within minutes of picking it up. Basically, imagine that it's somewhere between fretted strings and unfretted strings in terms of difficulty.
Bring on the trumpets!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
TRUMPETS!

I was about to do this but it appears the joke's been beaten to death already
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Demons&Wizards

Two whole minutes? What took so long for it?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I laughed at that advert thinking they were trying to hard and that nowone would find it funny.

Turns out i was wrong .
Bring on the trumpets!
I don't care how many people have said that, my page didn't load.
I thought I was going to be original by saying "bring on the trumpet", but apperently I'm wrong.

So other people do find that advert funny...
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
trumpet was considered the more complicated instrument in your basic orchestra setting.
it's hard. but fuuun. and depending on how far you want to go, it can get expensive.

but worth it imo
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I say alto sax instead.

But that's just me...
Forget your cell phone man, it won't work here.
Quote by irongoat666
Bring on the trumpets!

"What trumpets? There are no trumpets!"

"BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!"
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Demons&Wizards

my thoughts exactly.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by kalnoky7
So im thinkin of buyin a trumpet. Just how hard is it to learn to play it?

are you gonnalet yourselfget out-done by a SQUIRELL !
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
It'll take YEARS to be good enough to play ska. Especially playing Streetlight which, judging by your name, you want to.

Trust me, this is my 6th or so year playing and I'm just starting to be able to play the proper notes, though it doesn't help that my first teacher didn't make me fix my embouchure.My advice, get a REALLY good teacher, preferably one that is a professional.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Trumpet- takes weeks to learn and years to master.
But assuming you want to play streetlight stuff...their trumpet player frequently hits double C and higher. I've been playing for about 5 years and even being 1st chair in my school's ensemble i can only hit a Double G well, and i can squeek up to about double C, but that's well over an octave any other player i know can hit. So if your planning on building up the chops to play that high in a short amount of time, then i'm afraid you'll find it quite difficult.
If you've ever played a woodwind, it isn't worth your time. Learning a brass instrument after playing a woodwind makes you want to kill yourself xD

I'm saying this as one of my school's jazz band's top three players (I play Tenor Sax, the other two guys play guitar and bass respectively. Both of them are fantastic, so I'd put myself at a slightly lower talent level than them). I tried trumpet at the beginning of last year, and failed hardcore. I'll stick to sax xD.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Goddammit, I thaught I was gonna be original by bringing on the trumpets. Interesting side note, I reckon that bear is the boss from The IT crowd.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Demons&Wizards

Curse you sir... you took my post! You are not cool or special!!!
Last edited by CHOLOpipsCHOLO at Feb 9, 2009,
one tip. If you have braces (like me ) Don't start until you get them off. It hurts like Hell, and your lips bleed alot. Also, Did you know that trumpet players are the best kissers...
Quote by archerkoala
Trumpet- takes weeks to learn and years to master.
But assuming you want to play streetlight stuff...their trumpet player frequently hits double C and higher. I've been playing for about 5 years and even being 1st chair in my school's ensemble i can only hit a Double G well, and i can squeek up to about double C, but that's well over an octave any other player i know can hit. So if your planning on building up the chops to play that high in a short amount of time, then i'm afraid you'll find it quite difficult.

before I got braces, i could only hit triple c

EDIT: oops, double post
get a cornet instead, and yes they are very hard to play, esp. when starting out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2