I am new to the world of guitars and don't know anything about customizing and such. I am a big hunter as well so I would like to 'camo' my guitar. I know of several companies that dip different things in camo but I feel pretty sure that it would not be possible on an electric guitar, though I am not 100% positive. I would like to have an electric in mossy oak camo but the only way I know to do it would be to dip it. Does anyone know about the dipping process and its effect on guitars or does someone have any alternative suggestions on getting my guitar all camoed up?
*also would like to know how to camo-up guitar*

Im thinking of doing it myself on the cheap
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
You could just make some stencils and spray it with the colours you want?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
You could just make some stencils and spray it with the colours you want?

x

or masking tape
Quote by TheSecondRaid
or masking tape

Yay masking tape :P
Like Matt Bellamys old ones... I might do that one day, it looks pretty cool. Wait thats the silver/black tape not masking tape... Doh.

Surely dipping it in paint would harm the electronics?
Quote by PoloSG68
Yay masking tape :P
Like Matt Bellamys old ones... I might do that one day, it looks pretty cool. Wait thats the silver/black tape not masking tape... Doh.

Surely dipping it in paint would harm the electronics?

you would take everything off, sand it down, and prep it first. (at least i would pray you wouldnt dip a guitar with everything still attached....)
remove the electronics first, boss. Sand it down, sanding sealer, then dip it, then clearcoat
------

Shwiggity.
To get more of the real camo look, just stencil and spray.

The swirl would be cool, but it wouldn't turn out anything like what you see on clothes and such.

You should do the swirl with camo colors route.
Check out Ormsby's builds. on one of them he did a gray camo pattern. There's a thread on it here somewhere. Can't be bothered to find it, though...
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
You can definatly dip guitars, but with everything removed, hardware and electronics, you dip just the body.

As long as the body is sealed (e.g has a few coats of paint on it and any holes temporarily filled with wax) then you will be ok, the guitar (for swirling) isnt under the water for longer than a minute any way.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
get some of the tape they use for guns in your choice. Just apply and have a razer knife handy to make nice corners and for the shots and holes and etc.....

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=475754

that or get a section of it, photoshop it and make it into a huge decal.
Much much easier than dipping the guitar and NOT perminant!