Ok. So i looked in the ultimate settings thread and found nothing.

I've figured out a very nice clean sound for my amp, but on my distortion channels, i always have a heavy metalish sound. Im trying to get a lighter distortion.

Anyone have any tips/settings for getting a Seether, Rise against, Green Dayish lighter distortion?

Right now its

Bass: 7
Mids: 6
Treble:8
Gain: 10

Way too heavy sounding for me
Turn the gain down.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah, Gain down to 5-6, Mids up to 8-9, and Bass and Treble about 7 each. That should be fine
Seethers tone is wicked heavy though? So what you said doesn't make sense, and to get a true Seether sound you're gonna need a baritone.
Quote by silversoulcage
Seethers tone is wicked heavy though? So what you said doesn't make sense, and to get a true Seether sound you're gonna need a baritone.

I dont know what it is then. Something about it seems lighter and almost more "poppy" i guess then mine.
Quote by DarkValo666
Yeah, Gain down to 5-6, Mids up to 8-9, and Bass and Treble about 7 each. That should be fine

I'll try that in a little bit

Quote by silversoulcage

and im not trying to get their exact sound. Just a lighter distortion. Using them as an example because i was just listening to them haha
Quote by NtaPtikab
I dont know what it is then. Something about it seems lighter and almost more "poppy" i guess then mine.

Well it couldn't possibly be lighter, which seether songs in particular are you talking about? Because the new album yea it's much lighter and , but the new album is nothing compared to their first four plus their live album. I know for a fact that everything on Karma and Effect was tracked with Baritones, which is just a guitar with an extended scale length, that is, the neck is longer, by several inches.
Quote by silversoulcage
Well it couldn't possibly be lighter, which seether songs in particular are you talking about? Because the new album yea it's much lighter and , but the new album is nothing compared to their first four plus their live album. I know for a fact that everything on Karma and Effect was tracked with Baritones, which is just a guitar with an extended scale length, that is, the neck is longer, by several inches.

Yea im saying the new album. Like rise above this and like suicide
What kind of amp do you have? I know that for the first album they used Mesa Triple Rectifiers. I've seen them a few times, and everytime I've seen them they were using Triple Rectos. I think they get their thick sound by using high wattage amps and 4x12s, having two guitarist and good production doesn't hurt either.

Baised on your settings you need to turn your gain down to about half way and I would try bringing the treble down just a bit.
Quote by Muramasa
What kind of amp do you have? I know that for the first album they used Mesa Triple Rectifiers. I've seen them a few times, and everytime I've seen them they were using Triple Rectos. I think they get their thick sound by using high wattage amps and 4x12s, having two guitarist and good production doesn't hurt either.

Baised on your settings you need to turn your gain down to about half way and I would try bringing the treble down just a bit.

I don't know they're old stuff.

Another band I just heard and is a good example of what i want is anberlin. Just lighter rock. And I have a Vox AD15VT.

I know i know... valvetronix.net

But i get better sounds taking a setting from ultimate settings, and finding a good channel on the vox, and tweaking it a little.

Im just pretty tone deaf. I can hear the difference when i follow settings from that thread, once im done i hear a difference. But my ears are just bad. I can't even tune by ear. So i have trouble telling if something needs more bass, less bass, more mids (i dont even hear mids much.) less mids, more treble, less treble, stuff like that
Quote by NtaPtikab
I don't know they're old stuff.

Another band I just heard and is a good example of what i want is anberlin. Just lighter rock. And I have a Vox AD15VT.

I know i know... valvetronix.net

But i get better sounds taking a setting from ultimate settings, and finding a good channel on the vox, and tweaking it a little.

Im just pretty tone deaf. I can hear the difference when i follow settings from that thread, once im done i hear a difference. But my ears are just bad. I can't even tune by ear. So i have trouble telling if something needs more bass, less bass, more mids (i dont even hear mids much.) less mids, more treble, less treble, stuff like that

dude, being able to tune by ear and being able to get a good tone are not related. i EQ everything in my band. the vocals, my bass, and the guitarist's ****. i do it all. yet, i cant tune by ear AT ALL. its just not an ability i have yet
and of course you hear mids. its just that its harder for you to distinguish them from the rest of the tone.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
dude, being able to tune by ear and being able to get a good tone are not related. i EQ everything in my band. the vocals, my bass, and the guitarist's ****. i do it all. yet, i cant tune by ear AT ALL. its just not an ability i have yet
and of course you hear mids. its just that its harder for you to distinguish them from the rest of the tone.

no but even things like equalizing. Im just bad at hearing things
Quote by DarkValo666

I tried that and it sounded good. I turned the treble up to about 8 and the bass to about 6. Mids at almost 9. And gain at 6.

Thanks