it's a floyd rose.. eek i know, but it has an amazing feel and sound and i couldn't help but buy it.

after like 5 minutes of playing it goes wahhhh, right out of tune. usually sometimes when i go to retune it all the strings are in tune except for g,b and sometimes high e. is this an easy fix? i'm pretty strapped for cash and really need my guitar...
Im gonna ask the same first question I always do with floyd problems, Does your trem sit level? If it doesnt you need to fix that first, if you still experience issues report back and I will try and help you.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 9, 2009,
Make sure your Floyd is sitting parallel to the body, otherwise you'll experience tuning problems, especially on a 7, where you have an extra (high gauge!) string pulling the bridge towards the neck.

Also make sure it's properly intonated, and (This may sound silly) that you're NOT resting your hand on the bridge and causing minor adjustments as you play :P

The strings might just need time to settle, if they're new, and neither of the above problems apply.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Feb 9, 2009,
Its an Ibanez of course its gonna come outta tune ha! Get a Jackson or a Dean. I dive and squeal all day and they almost never come out. I think Ive only tuned my Dean Razorback V once since i got it. Ibanez sucks!!!!!
Don't be a dick. Actually offer help to the kid. People like are you are why we have the report button
the trem is a bit above the guitar body. not like really really high but medium high. i just ****ed with a nut that holds the strings in on the floyd and now my g string is like a slinky.. i'm not gonna **** with it anymore until someone tells me what to do properly but all those little nuts on the strings are in different places.

excuse me, im really not guitar savvy.
i just know enough to do basic fixes and play the hell out of it.
Quote by brockjordan
Its an Ibanez of course its gonna come outta tune ha! Get a Jackson or a Dean. I dive and squeal all day and they almost never come out. I think Ive only tuned my Dean Razorback V once since i got it. Ibanez sucks!!!!!

You own a razorback and your dissing ibanez

This statement is wrong on so many levels that im not even gonna justify it with a real response. If you continue to blatatly start flame wars though Im gonna hit the report button.

Quote by saturnine1
the trem is a bit above the guitar body. not like really really high but medium high. i just ****ed with a nut that holds the strings in on the floyd and now my g string is like a slinky.. i'm not gonna **** with it anymore until someone tells me what to do properly but all those little nuts on the strings are in different places.

Probably because you loosened the locking screw which released the tension on it. Those are you intonation screws which obviously do what they say they do but just because they are in different places doesnt mean the guitar is intonated properly. You need to level the trem really before you move on to more complicated solutions. This is what you do since the trem is already unlevel at this point you need to open the back of the guitar. There should be 2 screws in there that the springs attach to you need to tighten those. Go SLOWLY though you probably only want to go about a half turn at a time, then check and see where its at and once you get it level tune to pitch and if it still sits unlevel repeat the above until it is.

If this doesnt fix your issue report back and I will try to help you more.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
This is exactly why I prefer Bigsby over double-locking tremolos

I can't offer much help as I don't know too much about dealing with Floyd Rose or similar trem systems. My best advice is to look up videos for it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w

^^^ That might help some.

Quote by Lethal Dosage
You own a razorback and your dissing ibanez

This statement is wrong on so many levels that im not even gonna justify it with a real response. If you continue to blatatly start flame wars though Im gonna hit the report button.

Already beat you to it, homeboy
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by saturnine1

Uh. The locking nuts, or the intonation nuts? (Look at the FR set-up thread at the top of the page if you need to see what I'm talking about). If it was the intonation nut, you're going to have to put it back properly and retune. Leave the rest where they are, if the intonation sounds right already!

And it doesn't matter how high the bridge is, for tuning stability, what you need to make sure of, is that the top of the bridge is PARALLEL to the wood of the body, i.e. two straight lines.

Like I say, check the FR set-up thread, it's got all the stuff you'll need to know. If you have any more questions, make a post here again, or post up there

Don't go messing about with your bridge at random mate, it'll only make it more difficult in the long run to set-up properly.

I have a 1527 too, and yeah, it's a pain in the ass to set-up sometimes, but once you have it set-up properly, you shouldn't have to do too much until you change strings. Sits fine once it's dealt with.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Feb 9, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']This is exactly why I prefer Bigsby over double-locking tremolos

I can't offer much help as I don't know too much about dealing with Floyd Rose or similar trem systems. My best advice is to look up videos for it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w

^^^ That might help some.

Already beat you to it, homeboy

Ahaha yeah nice but TS just read my post above that should solve your issue

EDIT: Did you mean the action is medium high or that the bridge is slanting medium high?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
which screws do i loosen? at the bottom of the springs there are too screws and at the top there are two long screws connected to a metal plate that the top of the springs are connected too.
Ok, what you gotta do, is take off the backplate, and screw the springs further into the wood. Then tune up. Do this bit by bit, say, half a turn at a time on both screws, until it sits level. Remember to tune up each time you do this, 'cos otherwise you won't accurately see where the bridge is going to be/how far it needs to be adjusted.

If it's going to take more than a few screw turns, consider putting an extra spring in the back instead.
Quote by saturnine1
the bridge is slanting medium high

Basically do what I said in that really long post above. Read that it should answer all your questions
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by brockjordan

i strongly disagree.

i dive and squeal all day with my ibanez, and its got an Edge III, mine stays in tune just fine.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i did and it worked like a charm! i got it down but it was too too low so i messed with it a bit more and now it's too too high and i cant get it down for some reason. the results just don't instantly show.

when doing this should i have my guitar strings loose and my fine tuners loosened and then tune up after i make every little adjustment.. it seems like there should be some little special quirk instead of just messing with it the way it is??
Quote by saturnine1
i did and it worked like a charm! i got it down but it was too too low so i messed with it a bit more and now it's too too high and i cant get it down for some reason. the results just don't instantly show.

when doing this should i have my guitar strings loose and my fine tuners loosened and then tune up after i make every little adjustment.. it seems like there should be some little special quirk instead of just messing with it the way it is??

No dude keep them at tension thats the only way you can level it properly to my knowledge. It wont show instantly you have to give it a minute to adjust to what you just changed on it.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112