Hey beginner here .. just a quick question ive got my first lesson booked for this week and im curious as to whether some people actually take multiple private lessons a week if they do would they see any extra benefit from this?
stick with one private lesson a week, it gives you plenty of time to practice what you learn in your lesson. if you think you got whatever you are practicing in less than a week, then practice it more and the next time you go to your lesson ask or suggest for something harder.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
More practise the better i presume :p
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
i suppose multiple private lessons would make you get better faster if you are committed enough to do everything they ask of you. I have only one a week and like this as it lets me learn songs and write music myself away from my lessons.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
i suppose multiple private lessons would make you get better faster if you are committed enough to do everything they ask of you. I have only one a week and like this as it lets me learn songs and write music myself away from my lessons.

I agree Ive been improving on my old lessons (ive got 2 weeks). Ive got an extra week to work on my stuff since my motley crue concert is tommorow and I didnt want my guitar sitting outside in a car in the arena parking lot for hours . Normally I have lessons on tuesday but the crue fell on my lesson day and I couldnt miss it.

Sorry went off on a rant, I assume you would gain more from more than 1 a week they would just have to give you less to do I suppose since youd have less time.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
In the beginning, one teacher is best. Two won't help you practice more, which is really what matters. You'll find that after a few weeks your teacher has a good grasp of what you can accomplish in a week and will be happy to accomodate that with plenty of material. Be sure to ask for specific tips on practicing. Good luck!