I have my amp but I want a better tone out of it (tighter distortion, cleaner distortion, better cleans... you know better tone) If I replace the stock tubes I have in my amp with higher end tubes will this give me better tone, or are new tubes a waste of money? Ive also heard to get an EQ pedal, will this help as well?
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
In general, a fresh set of tubes will improve tone, especially if the originals are old and tired.

There's a bunch of questions.

How old is your amp?
How old are the tubes?
What amp is it, and how old is it?
How often and how loud do you play?
When was the last time the amp was serviced?
Has it had a "cap job"?
Did your amp sound great, but the tone has gone slowly downhill?
most likely.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by PRNDL
In general, a fresh set of tubes will improve tone, especially if the originals are old and tired.

There's a bunch of questions.

How old is your amp?
How old are the tubes?
What amp is it, and how old is it?
How often and how loud do you play?
When was the last time the amp was serviced?
Has it had a "cap job"?
Did your amp sound great, but the tone has gone slowly downhill?

Bugera 333XL, meaning the tubes are not very old. he's already had it serviced before, and he's in a dorm room, so not very loud.

Hmmm. I feel like a stalker.

Tubes are fundamental to the tone of an amp (obviously). Better tubes than the stock ones in your Bugera would be great.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
to theoreticmusic thanks, but a little stalkerish; helpful. to the other guy who said the sticky, i looked in there for a while but when theres 1000000 posts and most of them irrivelant its hard to find something specific
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
to theoreticmusic thanks, but a little stalkerish; helpful. to the other guy who said the sticky, i looked in there for a while but when theres 1000000 posts and most of them irrivelant its hard to find something specific

Exactly.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie

All of the info you need on how tubes affect tone are in the First post.