The last thread seem to have died! Anyway, I got a TS9DX. The amp is a new Blackstar HT-5H.

I got an OD, and I think I would need an EQ, though the amp has a simple one. What do you guys say? Could you recommend anything if I even need it?
Quote by DespisedIcon
MXR 10-bands.

Thats all I hear about here it seems. So it must be worth a look at least
I'm Tyler
Do I really need it though? I will want to be able to get band sounds. The EQ on the amp is not enough for that I suppose. the amp has a looper right?
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by Mosho2
Do I really need it though? I will want to be able to get band sounds. The EQ on the amp is not enough for that I suppose. the amp has a looper right?

It'll help your tone a lot if you dial it in right.

Yes, the amp has an effects loop.
If you want to go frugal, Danelectro Fish n Chips.
You can get a 31 band 2 channel rack eq for pretty much the same price as the as the mxr btw, and when it comes to eqs... bigger is always better
I actually just saw a 31band eq for less than the 10band although it is probably more used. Though if it works, who cares, right? It does sound like a pain to tune though...
I'm bummed

There were a m109 and m108 on craigslist from today, I can't believe someone got to it before I did! I found a KFK one for 160CAD new... But I think I'll go with a FnC for like... 1/8th of the price lol.

Or the 31band one for 80CAD... But it's ooold
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by mwalluk
mxr 6 band, 10 band is overkill

definately not overkill. and plus the gain/volume sliders are very useful.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE