First of all hello to everybody on the forum, this is my first post!
I am a noob in electric guitar playing and recently decided to learn how to play it (i played acoustic for some time). Checked ton of reviews on net and decided to buy Blade Texas Vintage guitar but they had non of them in store so I took Blade Texas Deluxe... does not really matter. So my problem is this:

I started to set up my new guitar and after checking nut I checked neck. It had 0.5 mm relief so I decided to tighten it. When I set relief on 0.25 mm on low E I checked high E relief. It was just a bit over 0.3 mm. Sorry non metric guys, I am from Europe (as you could probably say reading my bad English). Checked internet again and all I could c was that it is not good. Hoped that frets are not leveled same on both sides but they are. So I mailed "Blade" in Switzerland and they said me to bring guitar to the store for warranty check. Now, store is about 250 km from where I live and I wanted to ask you what should I expect there? If they gonna say to me that this is to small difference for replacement or something, I wont even bother going there... Hope some experienced guy gonna give me advice on that... I don't really know if this is significant twist... I just know that it's driving me nuts!

Sorry for too long post guys and thanx in advance!
pics. i need to see. but dude you messing with the truss rod? you shouldnt do that.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.

don't turn the truss if you don't know what you're doing
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz

don't turn the truss if you don't know what you're doing

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Don't panic. The relief measures differently on each side because the strings aren't the same diameter! Generally you only measure relief on the Low E side where it's more critical. Look down you neck from both ends of the guitar with the fretboard facing up and I doubt there's any twist in your neck.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Don't panic. The relief measures differently on each side because the strings aren't the same diameter! Generally you only measure relief on the Low E side where it's more critical. Look down you neck from both ends of the guitar with the fretboard facing up and I doubt there's any twist in your neck.

Hm... I measured with automotive feelers gauge... don't know how string diameter could affect results... measuring from top of the fret to bottom of the string on 8th fret, fretted at first and last fret. However you could be right, you know. I bought that tool just for this occasion. I wanna say that I'm really not a pro in precise mechanics.

Anyway, thank you for your answers... even those that says: "Don't touch your guitar, it could explode if you are not professional luthier!" xD

Just kidding... I'm that type of guy... I'd rather f*** it up messing with it than scaring and not knowing how it works :P
Quote by ozy!d!ot
pics. i need to see. but dude you messing with the truss rod? you shouldnt do that.

Here are some pictures.

Hope that helps. If you want some specific picture, just explain me what do you want and I'll take that photo.

Thanx anyway!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Looks fine to me.. maybe im just stupid?

I actually measured this with tools. It doesn't look twisted to me either when I look at it, but what do I know, I'm noob. If you all agree that I'm trippin' this, I would be more than glad xD
i see nothing wrong. but if youre that worried about it take it to a luthier or the shop. and see what the think of it.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
your neck is fine. The reason the relief is differant is as said, the strings are different diameters and the nut is set up in such a way that the strings are at slightly different hieghts.

also, where are you measuring relief at? Your bridge may be affecting your readings. For me, I simply play to get the right feel.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
your neck is fine. The reason the relief is differant is as said, the strings are different diameters and the nut is set up in such a way that the strings are at slightly different hieghts.

also, where are you measuring relief at? Your bridge may be affecting your readings. For me, I simply play to get the right feel.

I fret on 1st (or 2nd) fret and on last fret. Then I measure small gap between top of the 8th fret and bottom of the string. That should exclude nut and string radius from the equation. Checked on 5th and 12th fret as well.
ts after reading, you're better off in the other thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thats not really much of a twist to be honest. I would doubt you will find many guitars that measure exactly the same relief on both sides of the neck.