Hey guys. In school, my english teacher said that we are going to do a "How To" project, and need to present what we wrote.

I was thinking of doing something guitar related. Here is the problem. what would I actually be able to do a how-to of?

Some techniques aren't very interesting to do, which is mainly the basics and such. Pinch harmonics are okay but are kind of boring. I would do dive bombs, but I don't have a guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I certainly can't buy one any time soon. I cannot sweep pick.

I can't really say how to shred, that mainly consist of using scales and licks in different spots.

I am not really sure what to do.

Should I just use a lick and give it a name and teach how to play that?

If there are no good things to do, I have something I will just do "How to Kickflip" (I can do those well, I have skated for awhile.)
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I did one in school on how to change your strings.

EDIT: To make it more interesting you could include cleaning your fretboard and other types of maintenance.
I'm Tyler
Last edited by Octtwe88 at Feb 9, 2009,
im doing one on how to change strings for my speech class lol
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
How to tune. Discuss the tuning and the various ways of tuning your guitar.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Show them how to play Mary had a little lamb or how to play Smoke on the water properly?

Lol I would rather not show anybody how to play songs that most people wouldn't care about.

I won't even mention Smoke on the Water at all.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I did 'how to count cards' in my high school course. For guitar related stuff, I would suggest teaching a song. A simple pop song with chords and an easy melody. Show and diagram the three or so chord positions... ect. The Beatles would be a perfect idea for this.
i did "how to change strings" aswell.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
How to tune a guitar.
How to harmonize a major scale.
How to create a stage persona.
How to be a rock star.
How to decide on a topic and get started on a homework assignment without relying on the internet. (I couldn't resist).
Si
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Show them how to play Mary had a little lamb or how to play Smoke on the water properly?

Mary had a little Lamb of God!

lame joke, but i had to say it.

You should try a "how to harmonize" lesson.

You can do the demonstration without another person, just play the harmony on another string.
Quote by tmfiore
Lol I would rather not show anybody how to play songs that most people wouldn't care about.

I won't even mention Smoke on the Water at all.

Hey! I love that song!

you know, Mary had a little lamb.

WTF is Smoke on the Water LOL