This guy locally is selling an ibanez and he emailed me the serial number f901404 I dont know if this number is the correct serial number though the F means MIJ right? Any way I can check the number to see what model it is?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
it's made on Juli 1990 that's what i get from a local guitar dater

it's legit though
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
it's made on Juli 1990 that's what i get from a local guitar dater

it's legit though

I thought so Im just trying to figure out what the model is so I know if im interested in buying it he said the pups are ibz v1/ibz s1/ibzv2/.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
This guy locally is selling an ibanez and he emailed me the serial number f901404 I dont know if this number is the correct serial number though the F means MIJ right? Any way I can check the number to see what model it is?

It was made in the Fujigen Japanese Factory, in the 1990s. It's production model 1404.

There's no way of telling from the serial number, but quite a lot of Ibanez have a model name printed on the back of the headstock. Also, got any pics?
Quote by Mazzakazza
It was made in the Fujigen Japanese Factory, in the 1990s. It's production model 1404.

There's no way of telling from the serial number, but quite a lot of Ibanez have a model name printed on the back of the headstock. Also, got any pics?

He said he didnt have any pics but that I could see it whenever I wanted.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
You can only check Where, When, and What number of production.

F = Fujigen Gakki
9 = 1989
0 = kinda weird, january starts with 1
1404 = production number

and you can't tell the model number just by looking at the serial.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Feb 9, 2009,
EDIT: Fujigen gakki, 1989, 01 = January, 404 = 404th production of that guitar in January
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Mazzakazza
^Oh yeah. madpickin is right, I got the syntax wrong.

I emailed him again looking for the RG____ number on the back he doesnt know anything about guitars

He said its yellow and black though so me hopes its a 550 but I doubt it. Hes selling for $275 so itd be an amazing deal if it was.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by madpickin03
EDIT: Fujigen gakki, 1989, 01 = January, 404 = 404th production of that guitar in January

This Guitar cannot be found!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Squierlolz, I lol'd :P

Not all of them have it, LethalDosage, I know at least some of the DX series do, because I made a comment to my friend about it last week when I set up his guitar.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I emailed him again looking for the RG____ number on the back he doesnt know anything about guitars

He said its yellow and black though so me hopes its a 550 but I doubt it. Hes selling for $275 so itd be an amazing deal if it was.

I'm pretty sure it would be a RG550DY, that was probably the only Desert Yellow RG that was produced; If I recall correctly. Only other DY Ibanez I remember besides the RG550, was the old Ibanez S540DY's.
Man, if you buy it, itll be a steal... good luck.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Quote by Rvddps
Man, if you buy it, itll be a steal... good luck.

Ik plus an RG550 either 80's or reissue is my dream guitar.

I was trying to think and I dont know of any other models that ibanez makes in yellow/black.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Go see it already, then! Your eye should be trusted. If not, take pictures, take them back and have the experts here have a look at it.

An RG550 $275 is a great deal, and worth the trouble.
Quote by Y00p
Go see it already, then! Your eye should be trusted. If not, take pictures, take them back and have the experts here have a look at it.

An RG550 $275 is a great deal, and worth the trouble.

I think im gonna try and give him a call tommorow and go see it soon
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
My old Ibanez had a great system, serial # started with the month it was made, then the number of production, and ended with the year so it was easy to discover that it was an October 1975 from Japan
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
man if I found a rg550 for 275, id go for it. Probably be worth it if it wwas in at least decent shape. Were awesome guitars at the time.