Hey i was just wondering what everyone thought of the bad monkey?
Is it any good? i have read quite a few reviews and they seem positive. Can i have your opinions? How does it compare to other overdrive pedals? I would be using it to add a bit more gain to my amplifier.
Please reply!!!
Great bang for the buck.. I have compared it side by side with some more expenisve units and still prefered it in the clean boost/boostin department. Now as a stand alone though it does lake that luster the more more expenisve units have (stand alone meaning on the clean channel gain up and trying to mimic a overdriven tube amp). But if you looking to just bump the gain on your amp and tighten for the money it doesnt get any better.
You should have tried the search bar dude, this pedal has been thuroughly handled in these parts.

Its a great budget overdrive, not as mid humpy as a lot of others. From my experience it works wonders to tighten up distortion.
WTLTL 2011
This pedal also has the added benefiet of having dedicated bass and treble eq controls. Most OD pedals just have a single "tone" dial for eq shaping.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION