I made this recording using my toneport, and slapped some drums on it with EZ drummer in cubase. This is my first recording with a drumtrack. I'd just like some feedback and input as to how I could improve upon these riffs, the recording and the mixing.

Clearly, the sound would be a lot better if I had a good interface with 2 high quality mics to record my blackmore. Strapped for cash at the moment, so my toneport will have to do for the time being.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Mark+G/skills/

Thanks!
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Feb 9, 2009,
id advise getting the metal pack addon - doing more layer - with some tones you need like tracks 4 a side. but yea do more tone practising.

And the drums are mebe slightly repetetive but still not bad for a non-drummer, such as myself
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Hi Mark. For a first recording it sounds great but may I be so bold as to make a suggestion:
A little more feeling in the kick would make it flow a little easier I think. When a drummer plays fast licks like that “normally” not every kick (& every other instrument too) would not be played at the same volume. Of course it depends on many things but in general.
Try playing around with the volumes of each kick in your sequencer. You’ll need to turn off EZdrummer’s human setting…
Maybe “100 velocity” on the first kick beat/ “50 velocity” on the second/ 70 on the third or what ever! Play around with velocities & hear the difference. It may not be to your liking but it can be surprising the different “feeling” you can achieve just by altering stuff in this way… just my opinion of course.

Peace.

Phil…

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=146098
mosherhamish could you elaborate on the mutliple tracks? I think I have a good idea of what you mean, but I'm not sure.

In the drums the humanizer effect was already off. I'll give the speed variations a go, thanks
WTLTL 2011