I'm trying to see what the main difference is in PRS pickups? I've seen the two different pictures both given the same description and was just wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the two. Both pickups are listed as Dragon II pickups.

One pickup is shown as a rectangular chrome plated pickup

The other is shown as what looks to be like a humbucker pickup. Two black colored pickups side by side.

What is the difference? Both are listed as Dragon II pickup's. Is the chrome one just a cover for the humbucker pickups or is there two different kinds? I'm lost. Can some one please help. It'd be greatly appreciated.
Didn't know if that was the case or not. I thought they would have been more like a single coil pickup or something of that nature. Thanks for the input guys.
i'm no expert on prs guitars but every one i've ever seen has had humbuckers or p-90s.

does prs even make any guitars with single coil pups ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i'm no expert on prs guitars but every one i've ever seen has had humbuckers or p-90s.

does prs even make any guitars with single coil pups ?

if i remember right i saw one that was HSH.

and also, if i remember right the covers on the pickups do effect the tone VERY SLIGHTLY.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
if i remember right i saw one that was HSH.

and also, if i remember right the covers on the pickups do effect the tone VERY SLIGHTLY.

You are probable thinking of the 513 which is not actually h-s-h its ss-s-ss but it can get the sound of h-s-h
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
The swamp ash special is H-S-H.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.