Know you done me wrong
Bm
You'll be sorry some day

instead its :

G7 F#7
Know you done me wrong
Bm
You'll be sorry some day

Now im trying to figure out whats going on here. its minor blues so lm guessing the scale is the blues scale from the point of view of the relative minor so the Bm is the 1st, the Em7 is the 4th, the G7 is the 6th and the F#7 is the 5th.

Is this the correct way of looking at this?

If so, can someone point out any other songs with this configuration? I havnt played any blues minor songs that uses the 6th before now.
I think he just plays G, not G7, but you're correct otherwise, though the G chord is a b6 chord (but that's kind of implied by the minor scale and minor blues progression, though I would write it as b6 to make it perfectly clear).

Anyway...

Since I've Been Lovin' You by Led Zeppelin and Long Train Runnin' by The Doobie Brothers are two good minor blues progressions with the b6 chord. Long Train Runnin' does not have the typical bluesy feel, though.
i thought if i was looking at the scale from the point of view of the major scale, the G would be a b6th, but from the point of view of the B minor scale, is it not just a 6th?
Last edited by schmintan at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Everything is compared to the major scale. That's why it is incorrect to write #7 when dealing with the harmonic or melodic minor scale.

Cool. thanks for explaining that. really clears some stuff up. Of late ive started to try to understand what im playing rather than jst learning numbers from a tab sheet. great exercise but can get confusing at the beginning!

Thanks again