Is it possible to route my strat to hold 2 humbuckers instead of the S-S-S setup I have now? I saw Jimmy Herring playing a strat with 2 humbuckers and was intrigued. I love the feel of a strat but alot of my favorite tones are from humbucking guitars. How expensive would it be?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
what kind of strat is it?

the lower-quality squiers usually have either one big route, or are routed for HSH/HSS, and all you'd need is a new pickguard

edit: I didnt look at your sig..

..I think the strat you have is just routed for SSS, but it really wouldnt be too hard to route for 2 humbuckers. again, you'd just need a new pickguard, and you'd need (or have access to) a router
Last edited by james4 at Feb 9, 2009,
Its a CIJ Fender Aerodyne strat. Ive never seen the guts of it so I couldnt tell ya how big the route is.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
check my edit.

but yeah, if you just take off the pickguard you'll see how its routed. although I dont thinkn it's routed for HSH or with a swimming pool..

were you thinking of doing it yourself, or getting it done at a shop?
Heh, in your sig, the word "Boss" is right under "Tweed". I couldn't help but think of Boss Tweed.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Oh Id deffinatly get it done professionaly, dont trust myself lol. If I got it routed for HH is it possible to have 2 pickguards with pickups one em (1 for SSS and the other for HH) and switch em when I wanted to?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
lol i dont get it
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
You would have learned about him in US History, had you been an American, haha. He greeted immigrants, found them places to live, etc. all to swing the popular vote in the favor of his party.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Lol you crazy history buffs.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I suppose if you learned how to solder, or got a quick connector for the output wire to the jack, you could switch pickgaurds.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
That'd be pretty sweet, have someone switch your pickguard halfway through a set... lol. complete pickup swap halfway through the show!
------

Shwiggity.
C/ruel:
"suppose if you learned how to solder, or got a quick connector for the output wire to the jack, you could switch pickgaurds."

for the jack and the bridge ground, if you forgot that you would have a truely, and quite literally noiseless strat
Many get a set of stacked humbuckers and slap 'em in, easier than routing out the cavity
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.