Hi I just registered on this site. Hehe^^
I haven't had lessons before but I'm able to read tabs. Is there any place where I can learn some tips and tricks and can someone link me to some easy beginner tabs.

P.S. I play fingerstyle.
Last edited by CorruptPanda at Oct 11, 2012,
Just do a search for beginner lessons in the seach bar bellow the title of the home page. be sure to select lessons from the menu
hmmm check out(in order of difficulty) - war of the worlds by get cape. wear cape fly.
- all i got by newton faulkner
- heartbeats by jose gonzales (only try this if your willing to tune your guitar to a weird tuning)
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
YouTube worked for mee

Oh by the way, if you really want to be a tr00 guitarist, wear a cape and a mask.
You'll look like Zorro.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I find ... whatever the song, going through the chord version of the song first to get a strumming feel for it, and then moving onto the full TAB to get the nuances and licks is a much easier way to fast track learning a new song.

Oh, and if a chord version or tab doesn't sound right to you, make sure to check the comments. I find about 10 - 20 % of the posted chord versions and some tabs too will have mistakes. These are often pointed out and corrected by someone in the comments section.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
I don't know how to read chords... I've never had a single lesson before...
Last edited by CorruptPanda at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by CorruptPanda
I don't know how to read chords... I've never had a single lesson before...

If you need this much help then please check out Justin Guitar, the link is in my first post, the site offers free lessons both via youtube and written lessons though the site. The guy who runs it, Justin Sandercoe is both a profesional musicial and a profesional guitar teacher.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Time to work on the chords mate. Music is chord based so the chords is an important step.

Since you're a finger picker chords ARE a must. Learn with the open chords (nut chords) and those chords (shapes) can be moved to positions with a barre on the fretboard.

Here's your very first lesson, tune the guitar and always tune the guitar when you play.

You cannot develop your ears with an untuned guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+